Two Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Detox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys, My truck has two unrelated problems right now.

Firstly, My hood is stuck closed due to the latch be stuck and the cable breaking. So far I tried to manually pull the cable with a pair of vice grips from under the truck but the cable won't budge. I've tried poking and prying random parts of the latch but i can't seem to get it to budge. So if anybody has any tricks to pop that open that would be much appreciated.

Secondly my truck has a groan/moan noise that it is making from what sounds like the front end. When i first bought my truck its would make the moan only when first pulling out of my driveway in the morning and for about the first 40 feet on the road. It has now progressed into happening when I am coming out of the parking garage which involves going up a heavy incline and also when I am in heavy traffic when I start to move it gives a little moan.

It seems to now do it when the front of the truck starts to lift, as I can seem to make it moan if i floor it some times. With this I'm guessing something has worn out and needs to be replaced so if someone has a place to start that would be great.

Last edited:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
The moan or groan I think only happens in cold weather

OP
OP
D

Detox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So should I be worried about the moan? It's loud/strong enough that i can feel the vibration resonating through the truck.

hacklrl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi all. I have a creak in my dash. It sounds like it is the windshield glass. It creaks over every bump and flex. Any ideas? 2014 express. Thanks