Ugh...fml

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, I was supposed to meet up with Froggy on Sunday at the Frog Cave. So, I just went outside to wash the truck (heck of a nice day out), and it appears my passenger side head light is holding condensation. And, on top of it, neither light will work! Fuses are all good...first thing I checked. So just talked to Unique Coatings and I have to send the light and the harness back. I just find it odd that now I am having this issue. I've had these lights on the truck since the winter, and never had an issue!

DSC00655.jpg
DSC00654.jpg

fatwombat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi what else??
Sorry to hear that dude. I hope that gets fixed asap!!

OP
OP
The Assassin

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea, I am hoping that Unique isn't too backed up on work....but then again, I am done showing for the year...so I have nothing but time lol

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
When I did my 08 - they were fine for about a month...........then BAM, started fogging up. Pissed me off! I pulled them back off, resealed, reinstalled. I think I did that 4-5 times. Wendy has them now, no issues (so far) with fogging.

I will say this - I used buytl tape on my set and Jay's set. I have absolutely no leaks on these. I doubt they'll ever leak too..........there is a SOLID 1/4" "bead" of this tape around the inner part of the housing to hold the lens in. That ain't leakin'! I found with RTV you can't lay down a solid bead, which is going to lead to air pockets.

Now, with that being said - I haven't done nearly as many as Chad has. Or at least what I think he has done (I thought I heard that he sends them out to get done) - either way, good luck with it! It sucks.........and the first time you walk out and see your high priced lights looking like that...........well thats enough to make you want to smack a fool!

matt99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
mine did it for a bit and I just ran ANOTHER bead of RTV around it and no more problems so far (knock on wood)

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
mine did it for a bit and I just ran ANOTHER bead of RTV around it and no more problems so far (knock on wood)

Same thing I did on my 08. They leaked again.

I even put rubbing alcohol in the light (as it evaporates FAST and doesn't leave water spots inside the light) and watched where it was leaking from......sealed that.......and they still fogged up.

Very annoying.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Those were the halo install. thought so. I'm glad and happy with my stockers. However the pass. side was replaced all together, and with the cool nights and warmer days. now is the time too look for this stuff. At least your teaching them young dan. (reflection has your kid looking on) sweet imo.

OP
OP
The Assassin

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Those were the halo install. thought so. I'm glad and happy with my stockers. However the pass. side was replaced all together, and with the cool nights and warmer days. now is the time too look for this stuff. At least your teaching them young dan. (reflection has your kid looking on) sweet imo.

LOL I didn't even notice he was in the picture.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
^^ nice neighborhood too.lol.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
ha stalker, for that truck, lol. Thats a bad ass paint job, still have the photo from carlisle.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
i did mine myself and was leary of this exact thing, and havent had a issue yet knock on wood....

OP
OP
The Assassin

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pulled the headlight so that I could ship it to Unique tomorrow...and, it's got about an inch of water in it. FML super size. Need to get the majority of the water out before I ship it. I think I am going to take a small wet/dry vac, and duct tape a straw on the other end and see how much water I can get out of it. Then, I'll stick some of those absorbent packs in there over night (like the ones that come in shoes).

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
damn....thats alot of water. something was not sealed right. I hope they take care of you.

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
yeah its weird since you have had them for a while, but how often does your truck get wet? Its not your daily driver so it doesn't see as much moisture as it would if it was your dd.

it still sucks. does it seem like unique is going to take care of it?

OP
OP
The Assassin

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yeah its weird since you have had them for a while, but how often does your truck get wet? Its not your daily driver so it doesn't see as much moisture as it would if it was your dd.

it still sucks. does it seem like unique is going to take care of it?

I keep a cover on it hmmm I'd say 70% of the time. And yes, Chad is very easy to work with!