Ultimate Tune Up To Do List?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

minnesnowtabrah

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum v8
Hey folks. Recently bought my first Dodge truck, a 2006 Ram 1500, regular cab long bed, 4x4, with the 4.7 v8 and 6 speed manual trans. She's got just about 63,000 on the odometer.

What I want to do is go piece by piece and preserve this truck and get her rock solid and ready for the long life ahead. The ultimate tune up.

That being said, I'm an 18 year old, and I'm pretty dumb, so any tips or advice you've got? What should I check out? What can I improve? What needs to be done...

So far on the list...
New tires
New brakes and rotors
Replace the failing power steering pump
Replace rear bumper (is in rough shape)
Install Light bar and fog lights

Thanks for reading all my crap.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

panoz3

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice truck! Mine is almost the same model, only difference is I have the short box. I love the manual! I had the same vision when I bought it - what should I repair/upgrade to make it last? Here's a quick list of what I did and some recommendations:

Rancho RS9000 quick lift adjustable strut assemblies - leveled the front for a much better look and better ride.
Curt receiver hitch (13333) to get rid of the ball on the bumper.
Superchips programmer which increased both its power and mpg.
Mopar rear wheel well liners (82207367ab) - they look so much better than the bottom of the bed.
Mopar fog light kit (82209047) - easy plug & play upgrade that didn't take long to install. Your truck probably has the wiring in the front for fogs, this kit plugs directly into that harness and also includes a new headlight switch for the dash. No need to splice any wiring or aftermarket switches, you can't go wrong.

The Mopar parts are easy to find on Ebay, including a lot of rear bumper choices. Keep up with the differential fluids and spark plugs, if I remember right they should be changed every 30K. Good luck with your project!

OP
OP
M

minnesnowtabrah

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum v8
Nice truck! Mine is almost the same model, only difference is I have the short box. I love the manual! I had the same vision when I bought it - what should I repair/upgrade to make it last? Here's a quick list of what I did and some recommendations:

Rancho RS9000 quick lift adjustable strut assemblies - leveled the front for a much better look and better ride.
Curt receiver hitch (13333) to get rid of the ball on the bumper.
Superchips programmer which increased both its power and mpg.
Mopar rear wheel well liners (82207367ab) - they look so much better than the bottom of the bed.
Mopar fog light kit (82209047) - easy plug & play upgrade that didn't take long to install. Your truck probably has the wiring in the front for fogs, this kit plugs directly into that harness and also includes a new headlight switch for the dash. No need to splice any wiring or aftermarket switches, you can't go wrong.

The Mopar parts are easy to find on Ebay, including a lot of rear bumper choices. Keep up with the differential fluids and spark plugs, if I remember right they should be changed every 30K. Good luck with your project!
Thanks so much man!! Really helpful.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk