Using a Power inverter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpdavis44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Liter V8
I'm preparing to go on a trip that will be around 2,000 miles round trip. We will have a few little gadgets (2 phones, small tablet, Nintendo 3DS and maybe a little portable DVD/TV combo) and I'm trying to decide how I keep them all charged and going.

The truck has a cigarette lighter than I can plug in to along with a second plug that I think is specifically for hooking these gadgets into. I have a power inverter that has two plugs and two usb ports (for those interested... https://www.amazon.com/BESTEK-Outle...61&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=power+inverter&psc=1) and was wondering if there are typically any issues with just plugging this in and hooking everything in to it for the whole trip.

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360
I'm preparing to go on a trip that will be around 2,000 miles round trip. We will have a few little gadgets (2 phones, small tablet, Nintendo 3DS and maybe a little portable DVD/TV combo) and I'm trying to decide how I keep them all charged and going.

The truck has a cigarette lighter than I can plug in to along with a second plug that I think is specifically for hooking these gadgets into. I have a power inverter that has two plugs and two usb ports (for those interested... https://www.amazon.com/BESTEK-Outle...61&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=power+inverter&psc=1) and was wondering if there are typically any issues with just plugging this in and hooking everything in to it for the whole trip.
That's fine and dandy! I have a 200 watt and I ran a tablet 2 phones and a laptop off it with and I didn't have one issue with it in a 2013 Nissan Rogue. It's not going to pull much power because you have probably less than 100 watts there. I have a big 3k watt power inverter that I have in storage so imagine what I can do with that. :naughty:

OP
OP
J

jpdavis44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Liter V8
Great. Thanks. Any issues with plugging a small extension cord into them? I'm not sure I'll need it, but thought I might to get a cord all the way to the back seat.