Vibration starting at 55MPH

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DerdgeRerrm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I need help! I have an 06 Ram 1500 4x4 with a v8 5.7 and a 6" lift. I have a pretty heavy vibration starting at 55MPH and continually gets worse as speed increases. Vibration speed and severity seems relevant to speed and NOT RPM's. I cannot pinpoint the location because the whole truck shakes although that makes me think it is coming from the center of the truck. I have a fresh alignment with 1 month old tires, new inner and outer tie rod ends, new wheel bearings and new brake pads. My next guess is driveline? U Joints?

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mud tires? Probably out of balance. Even if they're balanced good the first time, two days later it can be off. You can try rotating front to back and see if it makes a difference.

OP
OP
D

DerdgeRerrm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, mud tires. I only got the alignment done because of this issue. Alignment had no effect. Maybe it was just done poorly and I should have them do it again?

WillO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine go out of balance every now and again, pain no the ass but par for the course. (BFG KO2s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
Did the rest of the front end check out OK when the tie rod ends were replaced? Could very well be the tires but I'd also take a look at the driveline and front axle components. Bad U joints will often squeak and clank when starting from a stop, a bad CV axle joint will clunk when turning in a tight circle. I chased a vibration on my '06 last year and ended up rebuilding the entire front end, the vibration finally went away after replacing the ball joints.

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
Ujoints or balancing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk