Vibration while accelerating.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SFA1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Liter V8
Hey guys,

Looking for a little help with this one because it honestly has me going a bit crazy.
My ram is giving me a vibration that I can feel through my seat and my accelerator while I'm on the gas, but not so much through the wheel. It stops is I let off the gas and just coast.

Ive checked my lugnuts and they are all tightened down and good to go.

Anyone have any ideas?

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A stretch... but could it be motor mounts? How many miles? Have someone sit in the truck (running, and in park) and you watch the motor while they rev it up a bit, if it shakes like crazy then the motor mounts are probably bad. The motor shouldn't move separately from the truck. If that makes sense.

Also....Did ya check your seat bolts? lol

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
Possibly a bad driveshaft U-Joint. You will usually hear a clank when you hit the accelerator after coasting. Also torque converters have been known to vibrate when they are going bad.

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It sounds like a bad u joint to me also, you should be able to crawl under the truck and shake the drive shaft. If there's excessive play it's probably the u-joint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
An engine can miss while under load and shudder. Does the it fell the same at different speeds?

jenkins22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
when i put my custom exhaust in the first time i needed to get used to the shaking so if yoou did that recently that should be it...because my exhaust was...almost overkill...bu we all know theres no such thing as overkill when it comes to rams