Vin # on Frame?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaBaws

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 - 2004
Engine
I have found a truck that had a cab replacement done, but the vin plate was not changed. .. is the vin stamoed on the frame ? The title and other papers all show the same vin# but after peaking to the current owner and the previous owner , it is obvious the wrecked cab was replaced, but the vin plate was scrapped along with the other cab... What's my next move , before buying the truck ...

Micchi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
So far I haven't seen any numbers stamped to the frame that could be a VIN. There is a sticker on the driver's side of the frame towards the front of the door opening. It has the last 8 digits of the VIN

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Unless you plan on offroading that truck, building it into a race truck that will only see the track or a pure show truck or something along those lines, I would pass on it. Way too much headache and possible issues IMO. Having a salvage title is one thing but knowing the whole cab was replaced because of a wreck? No thanks. Who knows what else was damaged in that accident and wasn't fixed or is a lurking issue, waiting to rear it's ugly head.

Just my opinion on it.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I agree with X.. I would pass