want some advise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
The smelling of the trans fluid isnt a fail safe like older trans fluid. The newer trucks use ATF+4 which shows no signs of damage even if its bad. Check the rad and power steering pump, both are known to leak. The power steering is normaly just a line needing a better clamp, the rads are know to split at the seam.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Depends on how it was taken care of. I have 92K on mine, and never had a problem, but there's always that possibility. Things get loose, broken, worn with time. I don't think we can really diagnose much for you. Just test drive it, and inspect it really well.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Was that guythe org owner of the truck? If you know him well enough ask him out right how well the truck has been maintained. Ask how many set of plugs have been in it and how many wires and coil wires put in it. Plugs every 30k and wires every 60k. That would mean its due if he has done them every intervul.