Well dang

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Well, I could've gotten a 4th gen R/T or Crew Cab, but they were trying to screw me on interest rates since I just started my credit not too long ago. So needless to say, I am going to keep my truck for a little while longer and build up my credit. SO. With that being said :(

1.) I have GOT to fix this squeak in my front end, a friend thinks it's the A arm bushings, the A arm comes as one big replacement piece, right?

2.) I'm sick of worrying about hitting my fenders on the Hwy, I dont want to get smaller tires because it will look stupid with not being that low... Do yall think going back to 20s with a little bit more sidewall will help absorb the shock of big dips and bumps? I think the wheels I have make the tires stick out too far...

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Measure the space between the tire and the fender, then make sure you have less space than that between your bumpstop and the contact area. (I don't know where the bump stop hits on Gen IIIs). It might lead to a slightly rougher 'bottom out' but it will assure that you won't stuff a rim into the fender.

I'm not sure what shocks you have, but the Nitro drop shocks also helped a lot with firming up the response to big bumps.

I love the lowered look, but I don't want to deal with all the crap from it!

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Sorry to hear that you will have to wait on the new truck.

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
It's cool, at least Timmy the Hemi still looks good :D

I'm about to order the front ball joints/control arms and just do it all, the truck is 8 yrs old lol..

as far as the wheels hitting, i think it's just my rims offset

scott2488

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i noticed a sound in the front end of mine today. Not for sure what it is though. Hoping i dont have to replace too much.

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Ooh! Get some white lithium spray from the auto parts store and spray on the noise, my squeaks are gone!!!

[tapatalkin]

Stroked

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had that problem when getting my first couple loans too. My banker told me a short credit history is worse than bad credit. Which I think is kinda dumb, cause isn't not paying your bills way worse than paying them all on time but only for the past couple years? :bs:

Oh, and yea that white lithium spray is good stuff. I also like to use chain and cable lube from you can get from a farm supply store. It kinda foams up and works its way into things better.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That's a good solution. Hopefully it will stop the squeaks for a while.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
The proverbial catch 22 you can't get it unless you have it but can't have it unless you get it. Credit is a pretty a annoying thing.

$miley