What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Worked a little on my old headlights last night. Looks better than the first attempt. Will finish the second one tonight or tomorrow night, and plan on sanding them a bit with 2k grit and polishing them this weekend.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Not sure of the severity yet, praise Lord that I went to an 18" wheel and got away from the 20's. The last time I caught a pothole with the 20's it cost me $300 to get it pressed out and road force balanced, I know my struts are probably gone from the leveling kit, I'll just have to see how she does on the way home at 65MPH.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I have a short fuse with **** that don't werk...latest discourse was the hid headlamps....bye bye....threw the oem halogens back in til I can get some led's.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure of the severity yet, praise Lord that I went to an 18" wheel and got away from the 20's. The last time I caught a pothole with the 20's it cost me $300 to get it pressed out and road force balanced, I know my struts are probably gone from the leveling kit, I'll just have to see how she does on the way home at 65MPH.

How was the ride home

wiggy999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a short fuse with **** that don't werk...latest discourse was the hid headlamps....bye bye....threw the oem halogens back in til I can get some led's.
Nor sure if the RAM Canbus/TIPM is anything like the Caliber SRT4, but there were horror stories trying to get the HID's to work. All kinds of different kits claimed to fix flickering, cars STARTING ON THEIR OWN etc... Of course, there's the one guy in 20 that said they work just fine for him. LOL

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Nor sure if the RAM Canbus/TIPM is anything like the Caliber SRT4, but there were horror stories trying to get the HID's to work. All kinds of different kits claimed to fix flickering, cars STARTING ON THEIR OWN etc... Of course, there's the one guy in 20 that said they work just fine for him. LOL

yup, sick of that flickering ******** as well:roflsquared:

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Flickering while they're on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, it sucks, when I ran HID's they would flicker (like flipping the light switch off and back on really quick every 15 seconds), mine actually went out completely one night and I had to run with my fog lights back home.

Ajwalk2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Umm I'm going to be that one that says mine work fine with out the flickering and everything

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
06 switched to TIPM, you still have a real fuse box. My halogens flicker, it's faint, but I notice it.

Ajwalk2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To be honest it still was a pain in the ass because I couldn't just have just the ballast and bulb plugged in, I had to have a relay harness and resistors also

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Flickering while they're on?
Hard to see a flicker when they are off...........(I know wise assed remark)
Umm I'm going to be that one that says mine work fine with out the flickering
It's an '06 and later thing.
I think it does, cause I don't see the early 3rd gens having the flicker issue.

In a nut shell The tipm (total.integrated,power,module.) pulses the power to the headlights, Halogens remain lighted because they retain the power before the pulse,,while hid's have no ability to''linger'' the pulse , which is the main cause of the flickering . In fact the strength of the hid is in fact it's weakness in our trucks.I never really was a fan of the ballasts and the resistors, It's easy to throw in a xenon halogen and if it blows throw another one in.:happy107: