What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
60 Degrees?

Since it was 60 degrees here today i hand washed my truck and cleaned the inside.

60 degrees, on November 30th?
I hate you.

Dave

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
********** my 4 year old interstate battery for a brandy new east penn/napa battery.
The interstate battery wasn't fresh when installed It sat on the shelf too long, I'm happy it lasted as long as it did, the coldest morning this season made me change it. Turn the key and there was an excruciating long wait for it to turn over and when it did it was slow, then kicked.........i went out an changed it the next day.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not a bad day today and the next couple of days look pretty decent, so I took her to the touchless car wash. I'll probably give her a quick detail before the football game tomorrow.
(I always give her a hand bath when I can, but during the winter months, I use the touchless. The water hose is frozen and the touchless does the undercarriage as well for a buck more.) :favorites13:

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
specially in new england, that extra dollar is worth every penny........I do the same damn thing, not a spot of rust so far, and I seen some rusty 3rd gens not as lucky.

JAMMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I cleaned my cams and polished the journals, about ready to re assemble the heads.

JAMMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
164K and some change. Blew a head gasket. I'm amazed how good everything looks for the miles. Had the heads surfaced.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
164K and some change. Blew a head gasket. I'm amazed how good everything looks for the miles. Had the heads surfaced.

makes sense...getting the heads done The oil used these days is far superior than what our dads used.

JAMMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I just changed it a couple days before parking it and pulling it apart. 5 quarts of pure synthetic and a quart of lucas. A $40 oil change down the drain.
Losing money, story of my life.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Yeah I just changed it a couple days before parking it and pulling it apart. 5 quarts of pure synthetic and a quart of lucas. A $40 oil change down the drain.
Losing money, story of my life.

I would throw that oil in an oil can for other purposes, lawn mower,hinges,metal to metal, **** throw it on the snowthrower blades,shovel blades....plenty of stuff for lightly used oil just got to use your imagination.:)

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
specially in new england, that extra dollar is worth every penny........I do the same damn thing, not a spot of rust so far, and I seen some rusty 3rd gens not as lucky.

I do have a little rust on the rear bumper and the tail gate. The truck is 10 years old, so I can't really complain much. It does bother me though. Truck is pretty clean, except for that.
I may replace them both. Not sure yet. Where do you guys/gals for OEM replacement parts like that??
Thanks! :favorites13:

BgHrn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had good luck, with Rock Auto.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I do have a little rust on the rear bumper and the tail gate. The truck is 10 years old, so I can't really complain much. It does bother me though. Truck is pretty clean, except for that.
I may replace them both. Not sure yet. Where do you guys/gals for OEM replacement parts like that??
Thanks! :favorites13:

lmc has good fitting parts.......if ya don't mind chinese.:buffer:

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
lmc has good fitting parts.......if ya don't mind chinese.:buffer:

Thanks!
Anyone have an ideas on where to get OEM parts? Would I have to go to the stealership for that/ Such as a rear bumper/tailgate?

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360

garrett.ellis.771

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Guys I need help, I don't know how to work this app so I'm just replying to this topic. I have a 2007 ram with the 4.7 in it. Driving to work this morning my check engine light came on then it went off, when I stopped to turn left it stumbled and died. I didn't hear any knocks or clunks just the engine misfiring and it shutting off. I hooked up an OBD2 to the truck and got a P0300 random engine misfire code. Could anyone tell me what it could be? I just spent 950 dollars getting it fixed last week I can't put anymore money into this right now.. Maybe fuel pump or bad injectors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Guys I need help, I don't know how to work this app so I'm just replying to this topic. I have a 2007 ram with the 4.7 in it. Driving to work this morning my check engine light came on then it went off, when I stopped to turn left it stumbled and died. I didn't hear any knocks or clunks just the engine misfiring and it shutting off. I hooked up an OBD2 to the truck and got a P0300 random engine misfire code. Could anyone tell me what it could be? I just spent 950 dollars getting it fixed last week I can't put anymore money into this right now.. Maybe fuel pump or bad injectors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would check in this order:

Spark Plugs (cheap enough to change yourself since you have 8)
Coil Packs (you can try swapping, but usually it would give a specific cylinder instead of 300)
Injectors (sometimes it is just the o-ring that has hardened and no sealing)