What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I ordered my billet reverse pattern valvebody and a deep trans pan. Next I got a 3000 stall convertor lined up from a forum member. I’m hoping to finish up the trans and start on the swap within the next month. I guess we’ll see

I Bleed Ram Trucks

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well if I'm paying for it, I'm getting what I want, not paying for **** twice. Plus amber turn signals are more visible and therefore safer.

Sent from my magic 5-inch

So if you were given them would you still ***** how there not what you want?

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Look, the statement made was half serious at best, and a sarcastic ass response at worst

But to answer your question, no, I'd be very grateful to have free taillights that work and don't cause me problems.

So if you were given them would you still ***** how there not what you want?

Last edited:

earl.allen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Six months ago, I gave $6,500 for this 2008 1500 single cab with 112K miles. It's in excellent shape and I have changed every fluid and filter save for the rear end oil. The only downfalls was a crappy ride a dinged up bed and a really crappy (smelly) driver's seat. So, I figured I got a fairly good deal on the truck and the cost of a little comfort would bring long term joy! I'm 56 and this is my 1st truck and I'm truly in love!

A few weeks ago I had a spray-in bed liner and some new seat covers installed. The shop that did this work also ordered me a new seat bottom cushion for the driver's side. I also installed four new Bilsteins, so the ride is significantly better.

I have a question about the leather seat covers. When I looked at them on other vehicles, there was a Katskinz logo tab protruding from the top/side seam of the driver's seat back. My new seat covers have no Katskinz logo or emblem. The only thing they have is a small black cloth tab with the word "child" on it (visible in the photo on the lower seat-back). Now I never saw any invoice from the mfgr, I just looked at some leather sample pieces, made my color choice and the shop ordered and installed the cushion and covers. Someone at my job saw this and suggested they might not even be Katskinz and the shop might have just ordered some generic skins and charged me the premium price.

Has anyone ever went thru a seat cover install? What sort of label or logo did the leather have? The shop is a mom and pop shop (literally) and they were super nice and everyone says the bed-liner job is the best they have ever seen. Thanks!
RAM-seats-01sm.jpg RAM-bedliner-sm.jpg

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Six months ago, I gave $6,500 for this 2008 1500 single cab with 112K miles. It's in excellent shape and I have changed every fluid and filter save for the rear end oil. The only downfalls was a crappy ride a dinged up bed and a really crappy (smelly) driver's seat. So, I figured I got a fairly good deal on the truck and the cost of a little comfort would bring long term joy! I'm 56 and this is my 1st truck and I'm truly in love!

A few weeks ago I had a spray-in bed liner and some new seat covers installed. The shop that did this work also ordered me a new seat bottom cushion for the driver's side. I also installed four new Bilsteins, so the ride is significantly better.

I have a question about the leather seat covers. When I looked at them on other vehicles, there was a Katskinz logo tab protruding from the top/side seam of the driver's seat back. My new seat covers have no Katskinz logo or emblem. The only thing they have is a small black cloth tab with the word "child" on it (visible in the photo on the lower seat-back). Now I never saw any invoice from the mfgr, I just looked at some leather sample pieces, made my color choice and the shop ordered and installed the cushion and covers. Someone at my job saw this and suggested they might not even be Katskinz and the shop might have just ordered some generic skins and charged me the premium price.

Has anyone ever went thru a seat cover install? What sort of label or logo did the leather have? The shop is a mom and pop shop (literally) and they were super nice and everyone says the bed-liner job is the best they have ever seen. Thanks!
View attachment 128425 View attachment 128426

Ill tell you this, thats no generic seat cover, if it is, well its a damn nice one and i want some, im not sure about the child tag, maybe it was put in thw wrong place when they were made, or maybe its there to point to the location of the center seat stuff, not sure, but i can say no generic seat cover looks that good, and thats a nice bed liner too, i dint think you got screwed at all

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8

Wow awesome looking seat covers and that Bedliner came out awesome I must say you have nothing to worry about there everything looks awesome how about some outside shots of the truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi

I wish my bedliner came out that good. Lol.

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Confirmed the worst. Bulbs were all in good condition save for one on the driver's side. Wiring is all okay, too. Moisture is getting into the buckets, though, so maybe that's causing it. There's also damage to the circuit board screw holes and one of the bulb sockets. Here are pics. Looks like I'm not driving for a while...

My truck seems to be taking after Cliff's truck... :/

ea12710fca266f51db851ecc9d88bc1b.jpg
b1df4c1878f6bc311819db0db12e74e7.jpg9c28d34a60977c17951f8fde01088680.jpg
12af287f2c98052596cd41e988df017d.jpg
8817ac5037005612c4c23ac2c227b817.jpg
ab231a5ef347b146cb6197734b72e00b.jpg

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Confirmed the worst. Bulbs were all in good condition save for one on the driver's side. Wiring is all okay, too. Moisture is getting into the buckets, though, so maybe that's causing it. There's also damage to the circuit board screw holes and one of the bulb sockets. Here are pics. Looks like I'm not driving for a while...

My truck seems to be taking after Cliff's truck... :/

ea12710fca266f51db851ecc9d88bc1b.jpg
b1df4c1878f6bc311819db0db12e74e7.jpg9c28d34a60977c17951f8fde01088680.jpg
12af287f2c98052596cd41e988df017d.jpg
8817ac5037005612c4c23ac2c227b817.jpg
ab231a5ef347b146cb6197734b72e00b.jpg

OK being 100% serious, id be buying the cheapest set of LED tails i could find, screw that whole waiting crap, life happens, you will need your truck, LED tails are one of those things you can usually sell and get most if not all your money back, hell i've gotten sets for $40 before and flipped em for $120, in your shoes id find some red lens led tails and run them till you can comfortably afford to build what you want, when i told you through PM's that you dont want to double spend for mods and stuff, that applies to wants, you need tail lights, so like i said, id be buying whatever i could get my hands on...

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Okay. I'll see what I can scrounge up...
OK being 100% serious, id be buying the cheapest set of LED tails i could find, screw that whole waiting crap, life happens, you will need your truck, LED tails are one of those things you can usually sell and get most if not all your money back, hell i've gotten sets for $40 before and flipped em for $120, in your shoes id find some red lens led tails and run them till you can comfortably afford to build what you want, when i told you through PM's that you dont want to double spend for mods and stuff, that applies to wants, you need tail lights, so like i said, id be buying whatever i could get my hands on...

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Well im starting a new project for my black truck...

9c429ebea4480fcddbe42b4d7e9df0d0.jpg
5223f2fff63e4f510c681667c7b07bae.jpg

This is a bad ass ATV specific radio that is made by Rockford Fosgate, and before the “why” question comes up, im doing it just because i know fosgate quality and everything in this truck is fosgate besides the radio.

I think im gona have to get a regular radio bezel to try and mold this in properly, so if anyone has one laying around let me know

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L

This is a bad ass ATV specific radio that is made by Rockford Fosgate, and before the “why” question comes up, im doing it just because i know fosgate quality and everything in this truck is fosgate besides the radio.

I think im gona have to get a regular radio bezel to try and mold this in properly, so if anyone has one laying around let me know

I’ll check tomorrow if I still have mine.

In the meantime I’ll take pics tomorrow as well when I have light but the truck got fender flares today. Looks good gives a bit of a new look to the truck now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Wanna trade out? I was thinking of a double din, anyway, eventually...

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does this mean I can haul 20k now?f6a3020e94b543892911a22f15c20c83.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

This I think is the one somewhat affordable thing I want to do with my truck. I’m down in the dumps about it. It’s crossed my mind to sell it, but I don’t think I can do it. At the end of the day I don’t think I could get what I want an even if I did the truck has earned its keep. Plus it’s pretty ******* clean for an almost a 15yr old truck deff not a garage queen but I still think it looks pretty good