What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

acolic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyways today the rear bumper step pad came in. I can’t believe it got here so fast but it looks good and it’ll get installed next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well you likely didn’t buy it from MoparPartsGiant.

Through their website I ordered a pair bumper reinforcement plates on Monday.

I immediately received a confirmation email that my order was OK. Four days later I was online checking the status of my order and i found out it was canceled.

After three attempts to chat with someone via their website I finally found out my order was canceled because the parts were discontinued.

Why does the website say the parts are available?

Why charge my visa if the parts are not available?

Why not tell proactively tell me the order is canceled instead of having me think everything was OK for four days and then I had to go out of my way to find out the status of my order.

It’s stores like this that Amazon is going to crash.

Amazon has fantastic customer service.

Just my opinion.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi

Through their website I ordered a pair bumper reinforcement plates on Monday.

I immediately received a confirmation email that my order was OK. Four days later I was online checking the status of my order and i found out it was canceled.

After three attempts to chat with someone via their website I finally found out my order was canceled because the parts were discontinued.

Why does the website say the parts are available?

Why not tell proactively tell me the order is canceled instead of having me think everything was OK for four days and then I had to go out of my way to find out the status of my order.

It’s stores like this that Amazon is going to crash.

Amazon has fantastic customer service.

Just my opinion.

Man that sounds rough. I agree tho, mistakes happen but this is something that should warrant more than just a refund

I ordered my piece thru amazon actually, I can’t remember the name of the company i ordered from but the estimated ship date was next tuesday-next friday. I got it in today, just 2 business days after i ordered which is a pleasant surprise. It looks good but we’ll see how it fits on the bumper next week

I hope you get your issue sorted out tho it sounds real crappy

10 Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

\

They may have just placed a token on your CC, to verify authentisity and funds available and actually bill when shipped. Tokens on unfulfilled orders usually go away in a couple of days.

acolic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m just bitter about lost time.

There was another vendor I could have gone with and if the item was shown online to be out of stock or if I was told earlier I could have recovered and got the parts elsewhere.

As us I have to wait another week.

acolic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Busy day.

First I changed all the spark plugs. Not really hard. The biggest issue was that #5-8 were really locked into their cylinders. I had to use quite a bit of force to get them out.

Then I cleaned the throttle body.

Then I finally installed the front tow bar I found at the scrap yard last year.

c466557b310c20a5fd32755a0c19aff0.jpg

Then while I had the front bumper assembly off to install the tow bar I installed new blacked out Morimoto fog lights.

ddab1dd8b2f98bc18289af48ac06f613.jpg

And I painted the chrome front grill the same color as the truck. No chrome left on this truck.

Tomorrow it’s replace O2 sensors and whiper cowl day.

panoz3

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Busy day.

First I changed all the spark plugs. Not really hard. The biggest issue was that #5-8 were really locked into their cylinders. I had to use quite a bit of force to get them out.

Then I cleaned the throttle body.

Then I finally installed the front tow bar I found at the scrap yard last year.

c466557b310c20a5fd32755a0c19aff0.jpg

Then while I had the front bumper assembly off to install the tow bar I installed new blacked out Morimoto fog lights.

ddab1dd8b2f98bc18289af48ac06f613.jpg

And I painted the chrome front grill the same color as the truck. No chrome left on this truck.

Tomorrow it’s replace O2 sensors and whiper cowl day.

The red paint on the tow hooks is a nice touch.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

acolic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The red paint on the tow hooks is a nice touch.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

It was powder coated.

But my son recently went with powder coated green rims :( so I’m not sure what the green rims and red tow bar will look together.

Probably ok during Xmas season

acolic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just finished changing the O2 sensors.

Quick job but I would never have got it done without a dedicated O2 socket like this:

bced0f9a9db2e22e451ad19737b17a40.jpg

The sensors were welded on really tight.

Hopefully that gets rid of the trouble code.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Yesterday I spent 7 hours on my truck with the two bumpers. Got the front bumper off easily and got it ready for bedlining. The rear bumper? I spent 4 hours on that, and couldn’t break the sucker loose anywhere. Its so tight I somehow managed to strip a nut holding it on. I’m gonna ask the body shop tomorrow if they can bedline the bumper with it on the truck or if they can get it off cuz I refuse to spend anymore time on those crappy bumper bolts. (A very flat, circular head on a bolt with no room for grip? I hope whoever gave that design the green-light got fired)

Anyways, after taking good looks at both bumpers, I’ve came to the conclusion that this truck has been in some sort of a wreck in the past. Both the bumpers were crooked in all sorts of directions, especially the rear bumper. I’ll have to snap some pictures before I put everything back. And on the front bumper I found some welded parts that were definitely not welded from the factory. The hood sticks up 1 inch on the drivers’ side. On the build sheet my truck came with the standard chrome package but both bumpers were (terribly) painted black when I bought it. I thought they just stripped the chrome off but while grinding today I saw no evidence of chrome, just crappy painted black

Ever since I bought that truck I’ve had suspicions and yesterday all but proved them

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
The bedliner guy is out for the rest of the week due to personal reasons, so I'm having some second thoughts. I'm now leaning towards buying a primed sport bumper cover and getting it paint-matched. I can buy the cover for just over 100 bucks new and they estimated about $200 to paint-match. A bit more expensive than the bedliner but I'd really like the whole front end paint-matched.

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
Yesterday traded in my Megacab that I bought new in 2006. Picked up a clean low mileage 2014 Laramie with the 6.7L and long box to fit my pickup camper.

acolic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unfortunately I had to get a mechanic to replace the front O2 sensors.

I just couldn’t undo them from below.

On a positive note I replaced the front halogen bulbs with LED bulbs: amazingly brighter.

fa3a0979130e54df2dbb80fccf17b07e.jpg

acolic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Spoke too soon.

The lights work when the key is in accessory mode but not when the truck is on.

A bit of flicker and then they stay off.

acolic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks like the Ram is sensitive to LED lights because their voltage is so low.

The manufacturer is sending me a free headlight decoder.

Alex

acolic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Didn’t do anything on the Ram but took it for its first long trip: 500 miles.

Great power and escalation.
Amazing fuel economy I got about 21 mpg.
Rear sways a bit.
Front bench seats uncomfortable after a while. Perhaps the seat foam needs to be replaced.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Didn’t do anything on the Ram but took it for its first long trip: 500 miles.

Great power and escalation.
Amazing fuel economy I got about 21 mpg.
Rear sways a bit.
Front bench seats uncomfortable after a while. Perhaps the seat foam needs to be replaced.

21 MPG is dang good for the hemi. I don't think I can crack that in my v6 lol

Idk if youd be interested but you can put 4th gen seats in a 3rd gen. When my seats wear out I plan on getting some because they are 10 times more comfortable than just about any 3rd gen seat

Anyways, I'm waiting on my bumper cover to come in. Monday I'm going into the body shop to give em my paint code to get the paint ordered and to decide whether to get the rear bumper color-matched as well or get it bed lined

Last edited:

acolic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Idk if youd be interested but you can put 4th gen seats in a 3rd gen. When my seats wear out I plan on getting some because they are 10 times more comfortable than just about any 3rd gen seat

That’s my hope but the seats I have found so far have been really expensive. About $1500 for a full set.

More then I paid for the truck.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
21 MPG is dang good for the hemi. I don't think I can crack that in my v6 lol

Anyways, I'm waiting on my bumper cover to come in. Monday I'm going into the body shop to give em my paint code to get the paint ordered and to decide whether to get the rear bumper color-matched as well or get it bed lined
Just catching up and saw your rear bumper fastener complaint lol o man they are the worst right!? I managed to get mine off, but soon as I did I went to the hardware store and bought all new bolts, washers and nuts.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

KyleW2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500
Engine
Replacing throttle body gasket today and trying to diagnose if the fan clutch is bad or not. Tempted to go ahead and put an e fan in.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Just catching up and saw your rear bumper fastener complaint lol o man they are the worst right!? I managed to get mine off, but soon as I did I went to the hardware store and bought all new bolts, washers and nuts.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

They SUCK! I couldn’t even get 1 off because they’ve corroded down and its an awful design as it is lmao

The guy at the body shop said if I can’t get the fasteners off he’ll just cut them and get some new ones from the parts store and at this point I’ll pay a few extra bucks to not mess with those crappy things anymore lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye