What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Krawfish

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Built new transfer case linkage. Shifts in and out of 4wd better than stock. Still not getting a 4wd light when I'm in 4wd though...

20191010_160751.jpg

20191010_160807.jpg

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Got a couple of super annoying squeaks fixed. I thought it was worn bushings this whole time, but I got under the truck to do some investigating and turned out to be two loose bolts, one holding a sway bar bushing and one holding the truck bed to the frame. Tightened them up and bam! most of my squeaks and creaks are gone

In the 3 years I've owned this truck, this is the quietest it has ever rode. Its great being able to drive without hearing 20 different creaks and squeaks within a minute

Last edited:

Bloody_Knuckles

USN 81-86
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Replaced recirc door and both heater blend doors. That's a job! The steering wheel, dash, and air handler box which meant I had to evacuate the AC system and recharge. Problem now is the airbag light stays on. It wasn't on before. There is a single 4 pin connector under the steering column that doesn't appear to go to anything. Wires are white/violet, red, white/light pink, and brown (I think). I've made sure all other connections are good and I'm pretty sure I didn't miss one. Any suggestions?

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Replaced recirc door and both heater blend doors. That's a job! The steering wheel, dash, and air handler box which meant I had to evacuate the AC system and recharge. Problem now is the airbag light stays on. It wasn't on before. There is a single 4 pin connector under the steering column that doesn't appear to go to anything. Wires are white/violet, red, white/light pink, and brown (I think). I've made sure all other connections are good and I'm pretty sure I didn't miss one. Any suggestions?
When I did my 02 ram I had the same thing happen and was positive that I didn’t miss any connections but when I took it back apart, there was the airbag connection barley hanging on, it might have come loose during reassembly or I just didn’t push it in all the way.

Bloody_Knuckles

USN 81-86
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
When I did my 02 ram I had the same thing happen and was positive that I didn’t miss any connections but when I took it back apart, there was the airbag connection barley hanging on, it might have come loose during reassembly or I just didn’t push it in all the way.

Where is the airbag connector? Is it part of the big clockspring connector or does it have a separate connector?

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Where is the airbag connector? Is it part of the big clockspring connector or does it have a separate connector?
The one that was loose on mine was the passenger side, not sure where the connection is on drivers side but it should be in that vicinity of the steering column.

Karlsweg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

There is a yellow connector you should have unhooked to pull the dash out on passenger side. If glove box is removed you should be able to see it. It hooks to abs module.

SouthernGorilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dropped it off at a shop. It had started marking its territory a little a few weeks ago, I haven't driven much while on medical leave so I wasn't worried. But then I came out from a job interview to see this tell-tale mess on the back bumper.

48948728646_8ebcfc456f_h.jpg

Any leak bad enough to leave spots on the vehicle is bad enough to warrant immediate attention. Looking under the truck made it clear the PO had been messing around back there. That mess of RTV is not factory. Looks much worse in person, like they collected all the old gum from the seats of a school bus and used it to "seal" the cover.

48948184118_2ac63de16a_h.jpg

Going to cost me $615 for a new pinion seal and to fix the parking brake while it's up on the lift. Brake is completely gone, which is no surprise. Theoretically I could fix the seal in the driveway, but without a torque wrench that's a sketchy move.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Unfortunately I had to go back into the motor on my 2004 Ram 1500 QCSB
5.7/545RFE/4.56.

The basics of this build started with a 2006 5.7 block and a 6.1 crankshaft, Wiseco pistons, Molnar Rods and a 6.1 camshaft advanced 8° with a Howard Cams Adjustable Timing Set.

I have been running a set of the stock Mopar 6.2 Hellcat Lifters since I built the engine back in May of this year.
When I fired the engine for the first time I had a little more valvetrain noise than I was comfortable with or even expecting.

The lifters finally started to pump up and quiet down but several of them were still noisy because of too much clearance between the rocker tip and the valve.

I tried several different weights of oil and the only thing that would make them them the quietest was Seafoam in the oil which is not the way I wanted to go. I gave this set of Mopar Lifters a chance and I was not satisfied.

Last night I removed the heads and pulled this Mopar set out and went back with another Mopar set of NOS 6.1 lifters that I had saved from a previous build. I also took the 6.1 cam out and slipped in a cam from Modern Muscle Extreme with:

212° Intake @.050
222° Exhaust @.050
.589" Lift Intake
.584" Lift Exhaust
114° LSA
IMG_20191021_195156027.jpg IMG_20191021_195121804.jpg

IMG_20191021_195225626.jpg
Its all back together now and runs really well with zero valvetrain noise. I'm hitting the Dyno tonight to revise the tune with my HP Tuners.

Last edited:

Shadow_Death

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I adjusted the sunroof yesterday so hopefully it seals better now. I also cleared out the front left drain tube so it shouldn't be leaking water on my hand anymore while I'm driving.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Bought some dtmoto headlights and this is how they came. No wonder I couldn’t find any reviews for this company, smdh!

3D0AE9AD-C851-460C-8B9C-7BC98D9101EC.jpeg

A9874EFA-A897-42B0-8E37-2AF0E025F025.jpeg

B62BBECC-574E-4C0B-A8CA-89E95196C7B8.jpeg

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Ya gonna send em back?

The Blue Mule
Yeah, already contacted them, they wanted pictures of the box and the damaged lights, I’m just waiting on a response now. Hopefully they will refund me or at least send me another set. They looked really nice aside from the damage though. I even installed them to see how they fit and they were perfect and the beam pattern was spot on after adjustment.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
dtmoto is sending me a new set over night shipping and they don't even want the first set back. Whatever, to the trash they go.