What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Krawfish

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you replace the whole seat or just the back rest? I have a 2017 jump seat in my garage but I don’t want to swap it out because I want the 3rd gen bottom compartment that the 4th gen does not have

I swapped out everything because I didn't have that bottom compartment. Pretty sure it's an easy change however you do it.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Last Friday was the old lady's birthday so I surprised her with something she said she always wanted to do, see DC from the water. Hooked the boat to the truck Saturday morning, trailered it down to Fort Washington, splashed it and ran around the Potomac & Anacostia Rivers.

IMAG5267.jpg IMAG5268.jpg IMAG5273.jpg IMAG5274.jpg IMAG5276.jpg

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
I swapped out everything because I didn't have that bottom compartment. Pretty sure it's an easy change however you do it.

Yep, I swapped the whole thing as well but from what I hear the top halves are interchangeable with each other

Anyways, I finally had a decent day to clean the truck out. Past couple of days I’ve been trying to track the leak down in my A-pillar, but the rain wouldn’t help me out. From what I could tell after peeking above the headliner is that its coming from the top of the windshield. I’ll probably take it in to get it resealed sometime pretty quick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Screw not having that bottom compartment I love that thing lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep, I swapped the whole thing as well but from what I hear the top halves are interchangeable with each other

Anyways, I finally had a decent day to clean the truck out. Past couple of days I’ve been trying to track the leak down in my A-pillar, but the rain wouldn’t help me out. From what I could tell after peeking above the headliner is that its coming from the top of the windshield. I’ll probably take it in to get it resealed sometime pretty quick

A pillar leak is usually from sun roof drain plugged up. Cut the ends off the tubes and blow air through the top holes (carefully because the tubes can blow off lol.)

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
A pillar leak is usually from sun roof drain plugged up. Cut the ends off the tubes and blow air through the top holes (carefully because the tubes can blow off lol.)

Lol luckily I don't have a sunroof. I hear those things can be a major pain for leaks

The reason I believe its coming from the windshield is because theres a little section of the rubber thats not seated properly with the windshield in the area that the leak is coming from. I'm hoping thats whats causing it because I'm tired of chasing this leak lol

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol luckily I don't have a sunroof. I hear those things can be a major pain for leaks

The reason I believe its coming from the windshield is because theres a little section of the rubber thats not seated properly with the windshield in the area that the leak is coming from. I'm hoping thats whats causing it because I'm tired of chasing this leak lol
Lol, hey I love my sunroof! Though I did figure out first hand what I said above [emoji23]

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Happy Halloween all [emoji317]

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Lol, hey I love my sunroof! Though I did figure out first hand what I said above [emoji23]

The PO's of this truck must've been glad there was no sunroof cuz man did they love denting it up! Its by far the worst area for dents, it almost looks like they decided to tap dance on the roof lmao

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The PO's of this truck must've been glad there was no sunroof cuz man did they love denting it up! Its by far the worst area for dents, it almost looks like they decided to tap dance on the roof lmao
Lol well ain't that a B$@*#. You got it [emoji1689]

Shadow_Death

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Today I replaced all 16 plugs in the 5.7. I'm impressed it ran after what i saw.

The New Vs Old Side-by-Side
The old by itself
And the top half

I fully expected to have some broken spark plugs.

I've had this truck for about 2 months. My sister and her husband had it for a year before hand. I'm pretty sure this truck is well over a year into these plugs.
Either way... when I touch the gas she rips now. It is still amusing to me how this MegaCab can be faster than my old 96 5.2L with the same if not better MPG.
This is my baby though, she's not going to be bashed on and maybe one day I'll get one with a Cummins. :)

Shadow_Death

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The last four under the brake master cylinder and booster are a bear to get to.

I used a short extension. I fed the socket into the tube and held the last 1/2 inch of the socket out of the tube and snapped the short extension into the socket.

That's how I did those. They were actually easier than I thought they would be.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Upgrades
ea75deff6235d28cc275806d52881fab.jpg
b9de463611c3e434a090bb9610ecb81a.jpg

Bought these seats from a fellow forum-er’s 2017 over the weekend. Wired in the drivers side power, and the **** roasters (heated seats) will be wired up sometime soon. I’ve only drove a couple of miles with these seats but I already love em

I also might look into changing the jumpseat to black for some good match

panoz3

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Upgrades
ea75deff6235d28cc275806d52881fab.jpg
b9de463611c3e434a090bb9610ecb81a.jpg

Bought these seats from a fellow forum-er’s 2017 over the weekend. Wired in the drivers side power, and the **** roasters (heated seats) will be wired up sometime soon. I’ve only drove a couple of miles with these seats but I already love em

I also might look into changing the jumpseat to black for some good match

Those seats look great! Very nice upgrade!

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

aheeejd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Took truck to get "hot new oil Undercoating" as they call it. Just in time before New England winter weather. I should do every year, but honestly, didn't do it last year, just didn't have the extra cash for that. Anyways, don't have pics cause pretty self explanatory.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I decided to pull the stock exhaust manifolds off of the 5.7 in one of my 2004 Ram 1500 QCSB. They have been warped for years and just recently started leaking. I took some measurements and the left side had a .016" difference between the #1 port and the #7 port.

The right side had a difference of .014" between the #2 port and the #8 port.

I ran them on the mill and the belt sander to straighten them out and put them back on with a set of Percy's gaskets from my local Summit Racing in Arlington, TX.

I went ahead and gasket matched them to the Percy's gaskets. Might as well while I had the time.

IMG_20191109_005611159.jpg IMG_20191109_151823577.jpg

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
I decided to pull the stock exhaust manifolds off of the 5.7 in one of my 2004 Ram 1500 QCSB. They have been warped for years and just recently started leaking. I took some measurements and the left side had a .016" difference between the #1 port and the #7 port.

The right side had a difference of .014" between the #2 port and the #8 port.

I ran them on the mill and the belt sander to straighten them out and put them back on with a set of Percy's gaskets from my local Summit Racing in Arlington, TX.

I went ahead and gasket matched them to the Percy's gaskets. Might as well while I had the time.

View attachment 185833 View attachment 185834
Nice, I will be needing to do the same soon. Three bolts/studs snapped this summer but aren't leaking yet, I figured I'll wait till they do then have them plained.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morgansamuel