What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Nice, I will be needing to do the same soon. Three bolts/studs snapped this summer but aren't leaking yet, I figured I'll wait till they do then have them plained.
Once they start leaking it will only get worse. The good thing is that once you mill the exhaust manifolds they won't warp again.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Took my truck into an auto glass shop today to address the ANNOYING A-pillar leak that I've concluded is coming from the windshield seal and after 5 hours they didn't have the chance to get to it. Taking it back in Sunday.

Also developed an oil leak. Had to put in just over a quart of oil today to fill it back up.

On the bright side my amazon stuff finally shipped and maybe I can get my heated seats wired up next week

10 Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Replaced the rear shocks on my 07 SLT 2WD. Had to wear a face shield because of all the rust raining down on me and had to cut to flanges attached to the top nut to turn them out.

rear shocks.jpg

shock  lock slides.jpg

pilotcld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L
Question to the masses

2007 Ram 1500 6-speed manual
I was driving with the 4WD Lock selection and everything was working great.
When I got near 55-65 mph, all the sudden the “4WD Low” light would blink on as well...
I slowed down, disengaged the 4WD (because I was worried about it trying to shift into 4WD Low), re-engaged it and everything would worn fine for about he 3-4 mins. Then the Low light would blink again.
Not a steady blink. Just intermittent enough to make me worry that it was going to try to shift into 4Low.
Any info would be great appreciated. Thanks!!

10 Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Replaced front wheel hubs then greased the new ball joints, tie rod ends, sway bar end links and u-joints that I put in this summer.Wheel Hub on.jpg new and old.jpg

Rokmonanoff

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Mega Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Today, after 6+ happy years, l traded her in for a Ford F250 Powerstroke.

I had many good, basically trouble free years with the Ram, but am excited for my new ride too.

c22546e47d1f0385097eef80d0f7eb24.jpgca0a6b03a30882e3cc5c99bb24335e3e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tiger Hays

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i added longhorn seats in my 03 love them...however i have read till my eyes are bleeding how to make heated seats work and cooling? anyone beat that beast yet please share with me....

Brando_SLT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Today I mostly just walked by and swore at my ram. I'm part way into a head swap, progress has been slow with only a few hours per weekend available.

svtnos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
replaced the drivers bottom seat cushion with one from genos garage.. what a difference.. i didnt realize how worn out it was till i sat on the new one... my but is gonna be happy now...

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
replaced the drivers bottom seat cushion with one from geno's garage.. what a difference.. I didn't realize how worn out it was till i sat on the new one... my but is gonna be happy now...
Man, I REALLY need to do this on my '04. It's pure garbage, and I'm not a small fella either!

aheeejd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Yesterday I changed the oil & filter. On the way to work truck started running like crap. Bucking & chugging. I knew what it was long before engine light came on. So I stopped at an O'Reilly's on the way to work to grab a coil pack. Sure enough when I started truck to continue to work the engine light was on. Did the key turn 3 times, cylinder # 8 misfire. Replaced this morning first thing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

acolic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yesterday I changed the oil & filter. On the way to work truck started running like crap. Bucking & chugging. I knew what it was long before engine light came on. So I stopped at an O'Reilly's on the way to work to grab a coil pack. Sure enough when I started truck to continue to work the engine light was on. Did the key turn 3 times, cylinder # 8 misfire. Replaced this morning first thing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

What is the key x 3 thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

panoz3

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Emptied the oil catch can and replaced the hood to cowl seal.