What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Squat life trucks in my area that’s how they all look I hate it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Squat life lol I have seen this trend online, Carolina squat or lean or whatever, my neighbors down south in Ca. Are also doing it. People are to funny [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Squat life lol I have seen this trend online, Carolina squat or lean or whatever, my neighbors down south in Ca. Are also doing it. People are to funny [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Haha I’m in north Florida and everyone seems to do it when I lived in south Florida I’ve never seen it before lol crazy

aheeejd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Just some 9006 LED fog light bulbs off ebay for $12.00. Plug and play. Went from yellowish tint to bright white that really lights up the road.
Awesome thank you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

aheeejd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
So on 12/24/19 on way home from work one of my ignition coils went. Cylinder # 8 misfire. I replaced coil pack & good to go. Today on way home from work, truck started running like a dog so I stopped & grabbed another coil pack. By the time I got home the engine light came on. To my surprise it was cylinder # 8 again. I changed it out & all is good again. I buy the cheap ones at O'Reilly's for $23. I'm hoping I just happened to get a bad one. Since buying truck in 05 I've replaced my share of coil packs. But can anyone think of something else causing this? Thanks guys.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
So after a lot of frustration and a toasted fuel pump, I finally got my HID retrofit all done. For my first retrofit it was a bit easier than expected. The worst part BY FAR was dealing with all the headlight sealant lol

So long story about the etching. I got free etching from TRS over their black friday sale (BTW, customer service is top notch). A few days after I placed the order and submitted my etching design I saw a 3rd gen with TRX4 stickers. What the heck does that TRX4 stand for?? Turns out it was an actual trim level from the factory. I'm dumb.

To make it worse, I find out that TRX also stands for a new concept Rebel! Oops. As much as it may seem like I was trying to upbadge, I definitely wasn't as "TRX" means something totally different to me LOL

Anyways, the entire HID system is all morimoto. 35w ballasts, 5500k bulbs, dropped into some morimoto mini h1s. I don't think I have them perfectly straight like this now as I had to take them out to deal with a vibration issue, but they're close enough that I don't really notice.
IMG_0852.jpg

The ones in the back are my old Spec-D OEM projectors. I may one day end up retrofitting them as well if I get the itch to do a hardcore retrofit

IMG_0869.jpg

Pics are blurry for some reason, but left is the before and right is after. The left picture does justice to just how little I could see with the halogen h1 projectors on those Spec-Ds. The headlights themselves were decent but the projectors inside are rather trashy.

IMG_0863.jpgIMG_0967.jpg

I drilled a hole through the clutch delete plate and put in a daystar wiring boot that goes to a switch under my steering wheel to turn on the demon eyes and angel eyes. The boot was too expensive for what it is but made for a clean install. I don't have those working just yet (Think I have a grounding issue) but combined with a trip down to Corpus Christi, a snowstorm, and too much rain I haven't had time to look into it. Once I get that sorted out I'll post some more pics

IMG_0992.jpg

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It seems all I am doing is throwing $$ under the front of the truck.
PS Pump, Rack and hoses were replaced,Upper Control Arms, Lower BJs, and Outer Tie Rod ends. I think I need to drop the front end a bit more (P.O. had cranked the torsion bars to the moon) and get back some actual suspension travel.

There ain't much left to be replaced. I was told the LCA bushings were great, but man it still feels... sloppy. I don't get it.

Looking forward to getting some 305s on my 2016 Limited wheels and getting those swapped on. the 17s with 245 look downright awful.

Turbo67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2007
Engine
5.7, 5.9
Exhaust brake and on board air by PACBRAKE, What a difference, I should have done this years ago.60106674688__43BA2BF5-4011-4EA2-ACB7-E377A8F14809.JPG60177220000__AEB1D6A0-4F97-4519-8996-02A693A99D72.JPG60177221629__E8C6A15F-0B61-4AAE-8D65-53486491AADF.JPG

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks great! Reminds me I have a nice ARB compressor sitting in my closet. I had gone so far as to mount it in the bed of my last truck (F150) but never even wired it up.

I don't really plan on going off-road much with this truck, but it'd still be cool to power some train horns...

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
The halo's in the headlights are all wired up and working great (pics coming later), but one of the demon eye drivers has gone bad so I'll have to send that in for a replacement. Also gave my truck a much-needed bath on the outside and a solid detail on the inside. Those armor all detail wipes from autozone worked surprisingly well to clean up the dash and add some shine

Turbo67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2007
Engine
5.7, 5.9
What’s an exhaust brake?

What year of truck did you install it on?

installed on my 07 cummins, exhaust brakes close off your exhaust to slow your vehicle down reducing brake wear. pretty nice for towing

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Truck has been running a bit hot, so I took it in for a coolant flush. Turns out, the water pump was leaking coolant. Got that replaced and all is well.

Truck has been quite expensive lately lol

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Rubbed on the peeling clear coat for several days and yesterday I finally had nice enough weather to buff on some metal polish followed by a coat of wax. You can hardly see where the clear coat is missing-almost looks like a new paint job. I don't expect it to last too long before needing another coat of wax, but a paint job isn't in the future anytime soon. I love these emoticons---:buffer: