What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeG71

U.S. ARMY '02 - '12
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega 2500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Picked up a yard and a half of medium River Rock...

C68E8916-CE84-41CF-9326-8FFE402BA1B8.jpeg
307D7F2E-454A-48E2-8FCE-0D2385E07676.jpeg

Steering is a little light but she handled the weight just fine. Lol!

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
The past few days have wore me out. The new dash harness is installed, the body wiring harness is out and it’ll be replaced once I get the right harness from a salvage. I put the 2017 seatbelt buckles in. From what i read on the internet i thought i was gonna have to grind on the seatbelts to get them to fit, but they fit with no modification. I also found the wiring for the 2015 jumpseat, so i should have the 12v plug working. I’ve ordered new carpet and it will most likely arrive late next week, so i went on and took the old carpet out. I found a cigar wrapper stuck under the carpet, so i guess it can be assumed that one of the PO’s were smokers. Kinda explains the odor

I also did a lot of cleaning on the back of the dash and the HVAC box. Both areas were covered in a solid layer of dust and other crap

0e597e967effdbbaddd0b7d97923164d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joshman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Couldn't find one of these threads in this section (did a search) so, I figured I'd start one.

So...what did YOU do to your Gen3 today?

I need help ! Lol . 04 ram 1500 5.7
110k .
Will not start without laying on gas.
Will not idle , sounds rough. shuts off when driving . No lights on dash except “abs”.
Mechanic says sounds like running on 6 cylinders and suggests putting another motor in it. . It seems to have great power when rpms are above 1500!. If gas is given it will stay running. Replaced EGR, MAP , plugs , and cleaned TB . Any ideas to save a potentially pricey decision . Thanks folks.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Yesterday I ran the necessary wires from the firewall plug to the TIPM. I hooked up the power window wire and the power mirror wire, and oddly the wiring for power locks was already there. Got the right body wiring harness from the salvage yard today and got it installed. As of now the plan is to put the dash back in tomorrow after a bit more freshening up on the backside. After that, all I have is to wire up the seats and a few other components

And then pray it starts up lol

Brando_SLT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last week after returning from Arizona, I had the Monroe heavy duty shocks swapped out for some Sachs "OEM Ride Quality" shocks. Man, what an improvement!

Now, getting ready for my next 2 projects in preparation for the family camping trip in June. My goal is to eliminate all of the rattles and pops in the front suspension which pretty much all the ball joints and bushings appear to be shot.

Then a whole slew of sound deadening mats for the interior to kill down some of that road noise. The Noico butyl mats will go along the floor, fire-wall, and rear bulkhead, and doors. The Noico Red will go along the roof and in the doors over the butyl mats.

I still need to come up with a solution for the front doors rattling so bad in the wind. Any suggestions?

Here's my parts list:
upload_2020-5-23_12-45-38.png

upload_2020-5-23_12-47-52.png

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
I got the dash back in today with the new harness and to my relief the truck started up just fine! I've tested everything on the dash like headlights, shifter, radio, HVAC, etc. and everything is working as intended.

I accidentally wired up my RGB halo switch to the power window power wire, which will be fixed tomorrow. I noticed that, even though I haven't enabled power windows in the TIPM thru Alfa yet, the TIPM was still sending switched power as if it was enabled

Also, I have my old wiring harnesses and I've decided I'm not going to sell them as full parts (who wants a base harness anyways? They're easy to come by) If any of you guys need a specific connector or some terminal pins shoot me a PM, I'm willing to help out

10 Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Replaced the rusting oil pan on my 07 4.4 2WD. Separating the old gasket from the pan was the "miserable" part of this chore.

Old.jpg

New.jpg

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Yesterday I got all the correct wires connected under the dash that i ran through the firewall, also ran a few extra wires towards the seats to wire in a 12v constant for the driver seat power and for the 12v plug in the center console. I also replaced the battery terminals as the old ones were cracked and corroded.

Still just waiting on carpet. I may drop the drivers seat in today and take it for a short drive just to be sure everythings truly functional

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KyleW2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500
Engine
Put the tuner back on now that I can run 87 again. Attempting to clear drain holes in sliding rear window track.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Wired up the drivers seat to 12v constant for seat movement. I put all the wires into the factory third gen plug that comes out of the carpet so it definitely looks 100% better than the ugly wiring mess that was there before. I thought I wired up the seatbelt sense correctly but i must've been mistaken. I'll have to do a bit more research on that

Also took it for a drive today. Ol piece ran great, didn't throw any error codes, so I'm calling it a win

Brando_SLT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
More parts arrived for my front suspension replacement project. Now I just need my back to get better so I can get started this weekend.

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Took it up in the mountains and camped. It got really dirty inside and out. So today I spent washing, vacuuming, and armor alling it. Looks like a new truck-its reward for running great and always getting us home!