What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Went to get an alignment last Tuesday, only to figure out the tie rod ends were bad. So this Tuesday I got the alignment and tie rod ends taken care of, and today got the more expensive part done
ba1cb4a1426fb8efd945fa197745b5dc.jpg

Heard a new squeak tonight, which is crazy since I’ve replaced about every single suspension component. Guess I’ll be searching for that

Also the V6 HATES those bigger R/T tires. It never kept cruising speed well with the old 265s, and to say the least the 33s didn’t help with that issue lol

I hate to spend more $$$ after the past few large purchases, but I’m seeing a gear swap in the future cuz the 3.7 needs all the gearing help it can get. Guess thats the next wallet thinner I’ll be looking into lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KyleW2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500
Engine
About to put the tuner back on.

Quick question: What tire pressure should I be running (manufacturer recommended pressure), 08 1500 quad cab with 275/60R20’s. Generally I’d check the door sticker, but was in an accident several years ago and they replaced the door and did not replace the sticker.

Is 35 PSI correct?

Thanks!

aheeejd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Every winter for the past few winters when it was really cold, truck wouldn't or hated to start. Sometimes I'd have to floor it to get it going. Then it would run rough, stall etc. I'd have to drive with 2 feet feathering the gas to keep it from stalling. Then it would run fine for a few weeks. Back & forth. Everyone said ball valve in fuel pump, fuel.pump itself, tipm. All kinds of stuff. So I called a friend, he's a mechanic, & I told him what was going on & he says IAC valve. I've had truck since 2005 & I know I've never replaced that. And I've replaced lots of things lol. Got a stack of slips.
So yesterday I go get part. Soon as I turned torx bit it stripped out. So I took TB off, put in vice & grinded a notch. Regular screwdriver. Nope, not these hands. Impact screwdriver & a 3 lb hammer. 6 whacks to get this 1 screw out. Can't believe I didn't break it. But I got it. Took old.part out, it has 2 o-rings & it came out in 2 pieces.

Long story short, I put back together. Cranked it over. Sounded like it was going to do the same thing. Turned it over & again, now I'm bummed a little. 3rd crank & it fired right up. Idles great. I cleaned TB while it was off. Been 20° & colder around here, not to mention 24" of snow last week. Cold fingers guy. Have a Merry Christmas everybody!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

TOTALCHAOS69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
CD39124F-A315-4B87-9C73-B0F6D1CB4EAB.jpeg Wasn’t today since it was yesterday when I washed it... Christmas Eve night though I got it dirty! Fairly impressed with the new 305/55-20 Mud Claws in a soybean field while the rain came down.

aheeejd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
View attachment 232030 Wasn’t today since it was yesterday when I washed it... Christmas Eve night though I got it dirty! Fairly impressed with the new 305/55-20 Mud Claws in a soybean field while the rain came down.
That sounds like a blast lol. Good times. Lots of space to I bet. I watch a YouTube channel "Millennial Farmer" out of Minnesota & man, those fields are insane

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Something I've been wanting to do for years but never got around to it lol. They had a black friday sale and decided to do it.
Before
IMAG5974.jpg

After
IMAG5976.jpg

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Something I've been wanting to do for years but never got around to it lol. They had a black friday sale and decided to do it.
Before
View attachment 232557

After
View attachment 232559

Did you use blackcatcustom? Or somewhere else?Those look good

Also how difficult was it? I’m thinking about doing something like that with my new cluster before I put it in

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Did you use blackcatcustom? Or somewhere else?Those look good

Also how difficult was it? I’m thinking about doing something like that with my new cluster before I put it in
US Speedo, and not hard at all: https://www.usspeedo.com/product/daytona-edition-custom-gauge-face-for-2002-2005-dodge-ram-gas-gas/
Just gotta make sure the needles go back on the same way they came off. I also recommend either taking mental note of taking a picture of the needle position when it is running before you remove the cluster. Comes with pretty good instructions. Biggest PITA was probably getting it out of the dash lol. Think I've had this on my to do list for the better part of 10yrs if not longer lol. The BF sale I guess was finally enough; downside of that was the fact that it took almost a month to get to me. I got **** that was supposed to get here before Xmas that STILL haven't shown up yet :mad:

kevkev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New Mopar power door lock front drivers side.And new defrost vents in dash to replace broken ones. The ones that vent to the door windows.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
I fixed my A pillar grab handle when i decide to give out, and attempted to change my tire size with AlfaOBD, but the ABS initialization procedure failed. Alexey gave me a few things to try so once the weather stops being ugly I’ll give it another try

I’m hoping to get a differential gear swap during this spring or summer and I’m trying to decide if installing a trutrac unit is worth the cost. I feel like it’s a good thing to have, but idk if I drive in the mud enough to warrant that steep price tag

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Last Friday night I had my 2004 Ram 1500 ST 5.7/545RFE truck on the lift doing some cleaning under the bed with the pressure washer. I also wanted to clean up the wiring harness so I fixed some locations where the harness came loose along the frame. Well, when I lowered the truck down it would not start. It would crank over like normal but it was a no-start. After listening for the fuel pump to come on I did not hear anything. After a whack with the rubber mallet on the bottom of the tank I heard the pump come on. Damn. Its a Walbro 255LPH pump in the factory fuel pump module. Good thing I have a couple of back-up pumps in the cabinet. Dropped the fuel tank and removed the fuel pump. Connected a 12 volt battery to the connector and the pump did not run. Tapped on the pump again with a screwdriver and it started working. Crap. Only back-up pump I had that would fit the factory module was a Walbro 340LPH pump so I stuck it in the housing and put it back in the tank. Put the tank back into the truck and went to start it and my 5.7 did not like this pump. Hooked up the WiTech and looked at the PCM and all four oxygen sensors were freaking out. This truck is tuned with HP Tuners by me and the four oxygen sensors are stock 2006 5.7 sensors. No matter what I did I could not even get the voltage to stabilize. They would not even start to switch with the engine running. The upstreams would stay dead rich at 3.5 volts or dead lean at 2.5 volts. Both downstream sensors were stuck at 3.5 volts too. The adaptive memory was trying to correct the AFR by +33% on one start-up and then I would shut it down and restart the engine and then the adaptives would be pulling -33% fuel and the truck would barely idle. I though something had happened to my tune or my PCM so I put a stock PCM in the truck and nothing changed. Well, damn. Put my other PCM back in and loaded a different tune and still nothing changed with the oxygen sensors.

Decided to grab a set of NTK oxygen sensors from a 2012 Ram 2500 that had a 5.7 in it. I had to change the connectors on the upstream sensors to make them match my 2004 wiring harness. The downstream sensors were plug-n-play. Got all four sensors screwed in and connected and looked at the laptop and the PCM wasn't freaking out any more with the oxygen sensor voltages. Hmmm. That was odd. All four sensors went coo-coo after swapping out the pumps and I have no idea why. So, I started the truck and waited for the PCM to go into Closed Loop. Looked at the oxygen sensor voltages and everything was back to normal. Crazy how they freaked out like that. Oh well. All back to normal.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Well, my backup Walbro 340LPH fuel pump took a dump on me yesterday when I was leaving the shop. Had to hit the bottom of the tank to get the pump to run.

Dang-it Dang-it Dang-it.

So, now I have a pump from 2017 RAM 1500 in the tank. I have several fuel pump modules on the shelf from various year models so I just grabbed the latest one that I took out of another truck that I put a fuel tank and pump in. Since the 2017 pump outlet points in a different direction compared to my 2004 pump I had to make a custom fuel line to adapt to the new pump outlet. I used a couple of fuel line quick-connects and some braided fuel line to make the new fuel line to go from my original fuel line to the 2017 pump. Good to go.

Krawfish

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Been a while since I last posted. Got the chassis unlimited front bumper installed and some fresh spray in bed liner. Thinking about going back to the stock grill paint matched.05a5f886b6e3f7632b80929e11b15786.jpg5cd6da027b729d49360389edf638a88a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Had some fun in the snow thanks to Russia shipping some of that Siberian weather our way. The tires did awesome in snow paired with 500 pounds of weight in the bed.
8040240072394dc2e24bacc501ca74c9.jpg

Just added a couple of quarts of oil, and trying to find a differential shop that isn’t trying to steal my wallet lol

So far my estimates are all around 2k for 4.56 gears, rebuild, and a detriot trutrac. The trutrac is about 600-700 by itself, but 600+ for labor seems a bit steep, especially since I just have a 2WD. Might drop the trutrac and just stick with the open rear diff if i cant find any better prices