what do u recommend?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dodgegirl05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
whats a good truck website? i know theres sylintrucks but there expensive! where do you guys go thro?

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Quad Cab 2500 *Sold*
Engine
Hemi 5.7
moes performance for the win!

occasionally, 4wheelparts will have good deals. especially if i want the part that same day. but i REALLY hate dealing with the people that work there.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I search for what I need.........go with the best price. I definitely like to use site sponsors as much as possible, but sometimes pricing prohibits it. Shipping sucks on some stuff. IE, I just bought a set of headlights yesterday. I could have gotten them from WeRMopar.com, Art @ Hensons, or a local place. I went local. I got the headlights for $4 more than Art's estimated price (based on a DT thread) - and I didn't have to mess with shipping (waiting, or hoping they don't jack them up!).

Moe's - well, they are in the same state as me, so I have to pay tax. That bites for the big orders (Bakflip!) - so I don't typically buy anything more than 50 bucks from Moe's. I've also seen a lot of threads in the past about customer service issues. It seems to have gotten better, but.........its still a lingering thought.

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It depends on what you need. I usually search around like Jeremy. I look for a lot of things on craigs list and other site classifieds as well.

Deviate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 4x2
Engine
Sometimes you can even find a good deal through Amazon believe it or not. For example, while looking for ball joints, RockAuto has the Moogs for 45.79 each, plus shipping and handling that comes to almost $100 for the pair. At Amazon they are $42.64 each with free shipping. A savings of almost $15. Of course I can just get the Mevotech ones for almost half the cost of Moog.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Some places will bang you on shipping and add oversize charges on top of that. I like Moe's. His prices include shipping. He drop ships a lot of items and that can hold up the shipment sometimes.

PI_greg

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Moesperformance, sporttruckdirect, ebay, summit or jegs.

kay9

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
xxxx
Engine
xxxx
Local Chapters
Forum - For Sale
Moes
AIR RAM
Summit
Craigslist
Stillen (drop shocks)

Last edited:

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Moes gets on my nerves sometimes.... like this past week for example, ordered a small part that summit also had but it was cheaper at moes and had free shipping so I went with them. Placed my order last wednesday.... got a confirmation on the order and the money was taken out of my acount.... fast forward to today... haven't heard a thing from him no contact period for a week and a half. Dont even know when its going to be shipped or if its on back order. Thinking about canceling it and ordering it through Summit, at least they'd get it to me within the same week after being ordered.

Got_Hemi44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I usually order from moes but i agree on the shipping thing. I've ordered 4-5 different parts at the same time and they all show up on different days sometimes a few weeks later.

Other than that i order from stylintrucks (who is owned by jcwhitney) It sucks being in ohio because i have to pay tax for stylin trucks, summit racing, and jegs

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Summit for anything I want on time. I have ordered from Rockauto and Shockwearhouse also both were good to deal with. I have thought about dealing with moes and the lack of info I always see scares me off. Just depends on what I need, anything motor related I call Inertia and see what they can hook me up with.

OP
OP
dodgegirl05

dodgegirl05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
thanks everyone!!! didnt know there were that many lol i know about summit and jegs but glad there are more

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Quad Cab 2500 *Sold*
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i guess i am just one of the few that has never had an issue with moes. Bob has always been real great to me. always keeps me informed with everything thats going on. the only time i have to wait, it when we are waiting on the factory to drop ship something.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
I just wish he would send an email out or put on the site that when/if a part might be delayed to ship due to "_____" reason. It sucks waiting damn near 2 weeks for a part that you buy cause its a few $$$ cheaper through him. Almost makes me want to cancel my order and go back through Summit cause I know it will get here within 3days after ordering or if its delayed they say it is on the site. Im just glad its not a major replacement part or I'd be SOL if the truck had to be down and out for who knows how long. I think from now on I'll use moes as a last resort.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
i guess i am just one of the few that has never had an issue with moes. Bob has always been real great to me. always keeps me informed with everything thats going on. the only time i have to wait, it when we are waiting on the factory to drop ship something.

Ditto,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye