What I Did Today.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CAROLINA BAREFOOT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, today was my second day back from Afghanistan. Instead of taking another slow day, I decided to change all 16 of my spark plugs, change my battery, and clean my throttlr body. Now, to a seasoned helicopter mechanic like myself, this should be no big deal. Such was not the case in this central Texas heat and drout. By noon, it was 105 and humid. It feels like I never left tge "box". But I got ot all done and installed my fathersday present. A brand new pair of 130 watt KC Hilights. The pictures will follow. Tomorrow, I dig out the mig welder and fab a new exhaust.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Yeah the first time around on the plugs are a hell of a time, next change will be a breeze. I dont think I had said this to you before but thank you for your service.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Welcome back, and sounds like you got the lineup of projects to do

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Sweet .... nothing better than come home mods .... well come home sex is great .. but different story ..

Thanks for what you do brudda

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
^^ lol you crack me up Dave

Sounds like you're havin fun! Welcome home!

TexasAggie18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, today was my second day back from Afghanistan. Instead of taking another slow day, I decided to change all 16 of my spark plugs, change my battery, and clean my throttlr body. Now, to a seasoned helicopter mechanic like myself, this should be no big deal. Such was not the case in this central Texas heat and drout. By noon, it was 105 and humid. It feels like I never left tge "box". But I got ot all done and installed my fathersday present. A brand new pair of 130 watt KC Hilights. The pictures will follow. Tomorrow, I dig out the mig welder and fab a new exhaust.

Dang what you do in 2 days sounds like what I would take weeks to do! Glad that your home safe, thank you for your service!

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Holy crap. You are my hero for taking this on in the heat. But then again, I guess you're used to kickin ass in the heat!

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Welcome back and thank you for your service! Let the modding continue. And welcome back to the Texas summers...

4XLGATOR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Welcome home and thank you for your service.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
welcome home and take more time off you deserve it

OP
OP
CAROLINA BAREFOOT

CAROLINA BAREFOOT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^Army. My dad was a Marine for 35 years too, so there is nothing you can say that I haven't heard for the last 8 years haha. Where did you get the tag at the bottom of your post?

EJM05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
440 Big Block
Hooah! Relax. You deserve it. Just click on my picture to get yours.

zack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5 packing the smarty
Engine
5.9 cummins ho
Yea man thanks for all you service men an women an good luck on that exaust job wait till nite time when the sun goes down not so damm hot lol

Rebel_Lady91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 dodge magnum 5.2L V8
welcome home and thanks so much for what you do for this country.. wow thats some hot weather to be doing all that i would probley passout from a heat stroke..lol

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Ben Thanks for your service. It's nice to see another Grunt on here. I'm army and I hit 12 years on July 1st. Glad to hear your out of the ghan I hate it there. I got lucky this last deployment and got injured and made it to the hospital near home to spend it with my wife and kids. It was great to be home with them.
Keep the mods comming.

capsalot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey man, everyone in the service has their job to do. Welcome Home and good work is all I have to say to you!