What should I get for Christmas?!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
shadow11

shadow11

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2009
Engine
5.7 Hemi
ill help if u drive here

Ill drive up there and do a cam in the summer. The headers and other exhaust stuff will be plenty for Christmas plus i need to get the headers done first anyway to get the most out of the cam. Plus it will give me some time to save up and try to find a sidewinder cheap used somewhere.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
I thought chefred was running a dual in dual out "X" type magnaflow now.... Been a while since I have seen what he has done in to it.

OP
OP
shadow11

shadow11

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2009
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So should I get a x or h pipe with a dual in and out muffler or is just a big dual in dual out muffler good enough?

Silverbullet08

Persona Non Grata
Reaction score
im running a single muffler with dual out and it is loud!!! even louder when u have the cutout open. i have to turn it off at drive thrus lol

OP
OP
shadow11

shadow11

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2009
Engine
5.7 Hemi
im running a single muffler with dual out and it is loud!!! even louder when u have the cutout open. i have to turn it off at drive thrus lol

So on your truck the headers go into a y pipe then to the muffler and dual out the back. Did you lose any low end torque?

Silverbullet08

Persona Non Grata
Reaction score
headers, stock cats, magnaflow y-pipe, cutout, single in dual out fm

dont think i can answer that since i have a low end cam... :D

OP
OP
shadow11

shadow11

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2009
Engine
5.7 Hemi
shadow you wont lose any low-end torque. some people say their butt-dyno tells them they did. they're wrong

Ok good lol. Also I want to run 3" pipe for everything. Is that too big to run or is that ok?

smykowski

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 SLT
Engine
6.7L Cummins
i had my truck up on the lift this weekend and my exhaust is the same way, Y into single pipe, muffler, dual out back. it certainly doesn't feel short on power.

Silverbullet08

Persona Non Grata
Reaction score
yea that piping u will be fine. are u getting the black painted lts and coating them yourself?

once my extensions for the o2 come in, i will get pics of my exhaust...

OP
OP
shadow11

shadow11

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2009
Engine
5.7 Hemi
yea that piping u will be fine. are u getting the black painted lts and coating them yourself?

once my extensions for the o2 come in, i will get pics of my exhaust...

I'm just going to get the black painted ones and then our wheel repair guy at work can powder coat them for me for cheap. Did you get yours powder coated Nick?