What should I get for Christmas?!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
Ok good lol. Also I want to run 3" pipe for everything. Is that too big to run or is that ok?

3" is fine as long as its only a single pipe. If you go true duals they need to be 2.5" or you wont have as great of a scavenging effect.

If you're doing headers into a y pipe, then into a single muffler, everything from the muffler forward can be 3". At the muffler if you split to duals they need to be 2.5

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
i had my truck up on the lift this weekend and my exhaust is the same way, Y into single pipe, muffler, dual out back. it certainly doesn't feel short on power.

compared to what? lol its a hemi -- its got a lot of power. if you get headers and a non-restricting y-pipe you'll change your mind.

smykowski

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 SLT
Engine
6.7L Cummins
i guess i don't have anything to compare to, that's a good point. i guess the power it puts out seems to always surprise me given the weight of the truck. now you guys are making me want lt's.

OP
OP
shadow11

shadow11

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2009
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok so I think I have figured out what i want to do. I'm going to run lts with stock cats into magnaflow y pipe into a big aero turbine muffler I found and then have it exit before the passenger side rear tire. All i need to find now is a cool challenger style tip. Anybody know where I can find one?

smykowski

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 SLT
Engine
6.7L Cummins
the big single rectangular tips or the quad (gtx-style)tips?

smykowski

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 SLT
Engine
6.7L Cummins
those look like a universal rectangular tip to me, in regards to how far they stick out, trimming the tailpipe to get the desired length right is all that's needed I would think.

Silverbullet08

Persona Non Grata
Reaction score
I'm just going to get the black painted ones and then our wheel repair guy at work can powder coat them for me for cheap. Did you get yours powder coated Nick?

i did it my self and have had no problems with it coming off. used the vht flameproof stuff

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
i got some but i dont wanna come off them, i still am thinking about this myself, as i just havent had the money to reroute the exhaust it kinda got pushed back....go talk to the tech's at a stealership and tell em if they get any take off youll buy em cause thats what i got, he got em free and i gave 20...

OP
OP
shadow11

shadow11

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2009
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i got some but i dont wanna come off them, i still am thinking about this myself, as i just havent had the money to reroute the exhaust it kinda got pushed back....

Got a pick of the one you have?

smykowski

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 SLT
Engine
6.7L Cummins
those prices are per tip, even though they show 2 in the pic. you can buy just 1 for $56

smykowski

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 SLT
Engine
6.7L Cummins
well damn you're picky! i see what you're saying, 1 in 2 out...got it.

smykowski

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 SLT
Engine
6.7L Cummins
hell call up pypes and tell them you want to buy just 1. they can't tell you no if you don't ask. make up some bs story if they question you, tell em 1 fell off or something.