What should be included in a full trans rebuild? Just got a quote for my blown one

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Langer5192

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hey guys, found a guy with this listing. I'm not too educated with transsmissions, is this a good deal/everything that should be included in trans rebuild?

His listing is for $995.00

is offering a deal for all you dodge truck and van/car owners. Be it gas (318/360) with the 46re or the v10/cummins 5.9l diesel with the 47/48re we can get you back on the road! The price listed above is a completely rebuilt transmission featuring: 1 new stock torque converter, updated governor pressure solenoid, new governor pressure sensor, new od/lockup soleniods, new clutches in the forward drum, direct drum, OD Direct pack and OD brake pack, new multiflex kickdown band, and a complete overhaul kit (seals, gaskets, o-rings, steel rings, filter, etc), and converter lubrication in park (from the factory these transmissions do not flow to the converter in park, common problem that leads to premature failure.) Transmission is warrantied for 12 months or 12,000 miles. Price includes installation and removal on 2 or 4 wheel drive vehicles! DOES NOT include tax and fluid

- THanks for any help

Jersey ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not really qualified to chime in on this, but I did just find out while shopping for a new torque converter that the Heavy Duty Rams use a different converter that was about double the price of standard ($500 uninstalled)

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
hey guys, found a guy with this listing. I'm not too educated with transsmissions, is this a good deal/everything that should be included in trans rebuild?

His listing is for $995.00

is offering a deal for all you dodge truck and van/car owners. Be it gas (318/360) with the 46re or the v10/cummins 5.9l diesel with the 47/48re we can get you back on the road! The price listed above is a completely rebuilt transmission featuring: 1 new stock torque converter, updated governor pressure solenoid, new governor pressure sensor, new od/lockup soleniods, new clutches in the forward drum, direct drum, OD Direct pack and OD brake pack, new multiflex kickdown band, and a complete overhaul kit (seals, gaskets, o-rings, steel rings, filter, etc), and converter lubrication in park (from the factory these transmissions do not flow to the converter in park, common problem that leads to premature failure.) Transmission is warrantied for 12 months or 12,000 miles. Price includes installation and removal on 2 or 4 wheel drive vehicles! DOES NOT include tax and fluid

- THanks for any help

Sounds amazing low price. If you can ask around and see what reviews are like.