What's a good wheel hub/ bearings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toothless

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hey, I'm new to this whole truck mechanic thing. I'm a computer geek at heart, But when it comings to engines I know little. I'm needing to know what's a good wheel bearing set. I've done reach. MOOG TIMKEN and OE. Leaning toward the TIMKEN. Can anyone explain further which is better. Also besides that question I have a whole lot more questions. Kinda need mentoring, if some expert on rams is willing.

Thanks

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Timken. I have 2 on my truck, they've been making bearings for EONS.

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Factory replacements are my vote.

OP
OP
Toothless

Toothless

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Figured TIMKEN would be it. The factory replacements would be federally funded "TRW". Definitely not going with that. It's garbage. Not even 70k and the bearings gave out

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
I go with anything made in the USA. I was buying bearings for my transmission last year and was given chinese **** twice when I specifically asked for quality bearings. I used the wrong terminology, I should have been more specific and stated USA, Japanese or German.

OP
OP
Toothless

Toothless

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The front wheel hubs are the first thing I'm replacing after I get back front deployment I'm replacing the rest of the suspension. Not raise just strengthening. Then the braking system will get replaced. While I'm over there my transmission getting rebuilt then the then. Electric fan and water pump then sone more. Soo quality is what I'm going for. After the 5.7l kicked the bucket the 6.4l will get dropped in if they done have a bigger better one by then. I tow very little and don't mud. I have had plenty pony cars and sports cars. I think a fast truck would be pretty fun

OP
OP
Toothless

Toothless

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
When I wrote that paragraph above, I was in the back of an LMTV. Grammar.