What's my truck worth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BKNBK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey everyone. I am thinking of selling my truck. Here are the details:

2002 Ram 1500 SLT Regular Cab, short bed
4.7L Magnum V8
70K miles
Fiberglass tonneau cover
Lowered 3/5
air lift helper bags
roll pan
flip up rear license plate, hidden hitch
SS heated, power, turn signal mirrors
new Flowmaster exhaust
Viper alarm, remote start
Super Chips programmer
Volant Cold air intake
New Kenwood Receiver w/ remote, ipod interface
2006-08 Front end conversion (Front doors forward)
SRT wing/ spoiler (OEM)
22" SRT Night Runner Wheels (OEM) w/ brand new tires
Truck is CLEAN! Few if any blemishes.

I appreciate your input. I don't really wanna part with it :Good or Bad: , but need a bigger cab. I have little ones that like to ride in dads truck. :)
Plus it would get me the opportunity to go Viper truck!

Budakane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345ci Hemi
I love ur truck!!! Too bad ya gotta sell....I would start at 20K

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
While people will low ball ya like crazy, starting at 20k will turn everyone away. Your truck is probably worth less than half that. According to KBB your truck is worth $8000 retail (dealer selling it), $6500 private party (you selling it), or $5500 if you trade it in.

Budakane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345ci Hemi
damn thats about what he has into is with that conversion etc....

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
it sucks but modifications don't count toward value of vehicle unless you find some private party that appreciates the work and is willing to pay that extra

Burntfire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
While I agree it doesn't count towards turning it in... if you hold out and wait for the right seller you can usually recoup your money. With that being said... you still have to find the right guy...

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would start at around 8k, it sucks but like others said mods dont really help.

rambob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
the bigger problem is due to the age, it is very difficult for someone to get a lien on it. so you will need that "right person", that is also holding cash.

OP
OP
B

BKNBK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hear you. I know I won't make up all the money I've put into it. I've thought about reinstalling the factory SLT parts, (wheels & all). Surely someone would pay $8000 or so for it. I was hoping for $10k or so as is.

I might put a ridiculous number of $12k on it and park it for a couple weeks, see if anyone bites. You never know, right? I only paid $6k for it originally from a family member. :)

If i don't get any bites I'll likely swap the front end out to original state. At least I can use the parts as spares or sell them off.

I hate to part with this truck, just need a QC. Thanks for the advice.

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
it sucks but modifications don't count toward value of vehicle unless you find some private party that appreciates the work and is willing to pay that extra

I would start at around 8k, it sucks but like others said mods dont really help.

the bigger problem is due to the age, it is very difficult for someone to get a lien on it. so you will need that "right person", that is also holding cash.
I agree with all those.

I hear you. I know I won't make up all the money I've put into it. I've thought about reinstalling the factory SLT parts, (wheels & all). Surely someone would pay $8000 or so for it. I was hoping for $10k or so as is.

I might put a ridiculous number of $12k on it and park it for a couple weeks, see if anyone bites. You never know, right? I only paid $6k for it originally from a family member. :)

If i don't get any bites I'll likely swap the front end out to original state. At least I can use the parts as spares or sell them off.

I hate to part with this truck, just need a QC. Thanks for the advice.

Your best bet is to return as much of it back to stock as you can before listing it, then sell the parts. It will sell 10x faster and you will recoup a lot more of the money you invested. Plan on getting about 30% of what you paid for the mods on averave if removed and sold seperatly.

The vehicle is only worth what someone will pay for it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio