What's it worth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Going to be putting the truck up for sale in a few months. Question is...what should I start at for an asking price?

- 2006 SLT 4.7 4x4 68,*** miles
- 4.56 gears
- Powder coated drive shaft
- Sport front bumper conversion
- Sir Michaels roll pan.
- HID lights in heads/fogs
- Custom headlights painted to match, LED halos
- Custom 07/08 tail light conversion.
- CCFL halo tail lights.
- LCD screens in sun visors, and in head rests
- Back up camera
- Custom two tone paint, with air brush and mural on hood
- Electric suicide hood with hood latches
- Spray in bed liner
- Bedslide 1000 pro
- Retrax pro tonneau cover. Painted to match truck
- Grillecraft front grille
- AMP research retractable steps
- Sir Michaels tailgate handle relocater
- Inferno red interior accents by MRK Group
- BMF SERE's custom painted
- 38" Toyo M/T tires
- 3rd Strike permanence custom CAI
- Superchips programmer
- Custom interior...all black. All new padding in seats. New seat belts. Black leather/vinyl/ostrich
- Pioneer audio.
- Zone offroad 6" suspension lift
- PA 3" body lift
- Bilstein shocks
- Drilled/slotted rotors
- Powder coated calipers
- Shaved antenna, tailgate, molded roll pan

Last edited:

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Good luck with the sale! :) Hopefully you'll make a good amount of it back

[ tapatalkin ]

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Depends who you are selling to. If you trade it then it is worth about the same as a stock truck. If you sell you may be able to sell for more to someone who has the money but most banks will not allow a customer to take out a loan on something like this for more than they think it is worth unless they have some other collateral to put down. I would think 20k max because of age and engine. I am sure you don't like my answer but I find accessories do not increase value to most except people like us. What you have into it does not always change what you can get out of it.

$miley

OP
OP
The Assassin

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Depends who you are selling to. If you trade it is worth about the same as a stock truck. If you sell you may be able to sell for more to someone who has the money but most banks will not allow a customer to take out a loan on something like this do more than they think it is worth unless they have some other collateral to put down. I would think 20k max because of age and engine. I am sure you don't like my answer but I find accessories do not increase value to most except people like us. What you have into it does not always change what you can get out of it.

$miley

I'm well aware of the fact what I have into it means nothing. It would be sold to a private party, not traded.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
What is your timeline? You could start doing some feelers around forums and maybe eBay or Craigslist.

$miley

OP
OP
The Assassin

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Before I sell it? Hmm...at a minimum 3 months. Have a few things I want to do to it first before I sell it. Before I start putting up feelers, I'd like an idea of what to ask.

S2kiHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What are you going to get to replace it? I think someone would pay $20-25k for it.

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Despite the engine and year I think you could ask for 28,000.

The next option is to start parting out some of the things you can make big banks back on. Im sure youve got some stuff id like ;)

OP
OP
The Assassin

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Despite the engine and year I think you could ask for 28,000.

The next option is to start parting out some of the things you can make big banks back on. Im sure youve got some stuff id like ;)

No part out...selling it as a whole.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
When ever I sell something there always seems to be a back and fourth on price. I would list the Ram at $35K and put all offers welcome. It's easier to ask more and come down to a price your happy with then start at a price you are not happy with. I hate to see the sale of the truck but I do think that engine will make it a bit harder to sell. You could always try ebay and set a reserve that you would like to meet to see how the interest on it would be.

OP
OP
The Assassin

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When ever I sell something there always seems to be a back and fourth on price. I would list the Ram at $35K and put all offers welcome. It's easier to ask more and come down to a price your happy with then start at a price you are not happy with. I hate to see the sale of the truck but I do think that engine will make it a bit harder to sell. You could always try ebay and set a reserve that you would like to meet to see how the interest on it would be.

35 is roughly where I was thinking. And as you said can always go down from there.

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Your best bet is to advertise at shows. Ebay you may find a buyer at the price you want. CL or local classifieds, people are just going to want to pay used truck prices.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I would talk to Robbie?(headhunter ram) I know he had his ram on some specialty sites for unique vehicles in sure he would give you some really good advise

OP
OP
The Assassin

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would talk to Robbie?(headhunter ram) I know he had his ram on some specialty sites for unique vehicles in sure he would give you some really good advise

What really helped him is the exposure he was able to get. Plus owning a company such as his really helps.

One dollar Bob

:thumbdown: lol was shooting for at least 1.75. Low baller.