What's it worth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
For every mod you have take half its value and add it to the cost of the truck stock (paint and body work, engine and performance work, interior work and lift and wheels/tires). You would probably get $10k-$12k for it stock.

You are looking for a very specific buyer though. Not a lot of people like to buy something fully customized to someone else's tastes. Good luck.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I'd start with blue book value on the truck stock then get a rough estimate on what you think your mods are worth. Just my guess I'd say you should be ble to get $25k or fairly close to it. Like it was mentioned above, the fact that it's not the 5.7 might hurt you a little on the sale, or at least getting what the truck is truly worth. But as I always believe, start high and you can come down. Just get a number in your head you won't go lower. Even with all the money Robbie had into his truck I think he had it listed at $90k at one point an only ended up selling it for what, I think it was $60k? And that was after a couple months of trying to sell it.

OP
OP
The Assassin

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd start with blue book value on the truck stock then get a rough estimate on what you think your mods are worth. Just my guess I'd say you should be ble to get $25k or fairly close to it. Like it was mentioned above, the fact that it's not the 5.7 might hurt you a little on the sale, or at least getting what the truck is truly worth. But as I always believe, start high and you can come down. Just get a number in your head you won't go lower. Even with all the money Robbie had into his truck I think he had it listed at $90k at one point an only ended up selling it for what, I think it was $60k? And that was after a couple months of trying to sell it.

Less than that...54 I think. What hurt him, was the fact it was 2wd. What's going to hurt me is the 4.7.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Yeah Robbies was in the 50s. I think a good starting price is around $35K.

Notorious

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Browse your local Craigslist ads for Rams of your vintage and then see the options and engine those trucks have and compare the asking prices. After about a week or two of keeping your eye on it, you will have a pretty good idea of what the market will bear.

Hate to say it but CL is beating Ebay for local sales at realistic private sales prices. I also find the AutoTrader or Cars.com prices to be on the high side consistently versus what the market will bear for the most part.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Does the sponsors go with the truck to the next owner, or stay with you for another build?

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Given the KBB value with the available upgrades, I would think $27k asking price and probably in the low 20K range to the right buyer.