Where to buy programmed TCM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blade69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys. I need a Trans Control Module (TCM). The issue I'm having is after I drive around for a while, the truck is sluggish on takeoff from stop. Eventually it gets up to speed, but is then hesitant to shift. At first I thought I was the trans, but after I turn it off, and back on, she runs like a champ. Check engine light came on so I took it to the mechanic and he said it was the TCM. I know I'm not the only one that's had this problem so I'm sure someone somewhere sells programmed TCMs under an arm and leg. :superhack:

In case needed: 2005 2500 Auto, 4x4, QC, LB

Thanks

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
LOL...little research goes a long way. Your truck has a combined PCM that incorporates trans function (no separate TCM). What are the actual code(s) you're getting? Shouldn't just be P0700 and just a blanket "it's the TCM" is vague as hell.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
As stated above the tcm is combined on the pcm. I've seen them on eBay for sale and you just give them your vehicle information and they program it for you so it's supposedly just plug and play.

OP
OP
B

Blade69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LOL...little research goes a long way. Your truck has a combined PCM that incorporates trans function (no separate TCM). What are the actual code(s) you're getting? Shouldn't just be P0700 and just a blanket "it's the TCM" is vague as hell.

Unfortunately I didn't get the code from the mechanic. He did say it said "transmission module". While I'm no mechanic by any stretch, I consider myself mechanically inclined. So finding out that mine has a combined unit furthers my knowledge base. Thanks for the info!

OP
OP
B

Blade69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As stated above the tcm is combined on the pcm. I've seen them on eBay for sale and you just give them your vehicle information and they program it for you so it's supposedly just plug and play.

Thanks. Now that I know what I'm looking for. Lol

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
I got a used one "plug and play" on eBay for $125 total.
Worked perfectly. All they needed was vin and miles.

OP
OP
B

Blade69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got a used one "plug and play" on eBay for $125 total.
Worked perfectly. All they needed was vin and miles.

Would you by chance still have the seller ID? The one I've found so far wants $250.