Windshield washer issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usocazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
So I get home from vacation and my windshield washer isn't working. Fluid level is full and the wipers work, intermittent and hi/lo.

I don't hear anything that sounds like a washer motor when I hit the washer option on the turn signal but the wipers go off as expected.

Fluid jets heads appear to be clean and I didn't have the problem before I left for vacation.

Any idea what this might be? Where's the motor that pumps the fluid through the lines to the windshield?

Thanks for your help!

Sent from San Antonio, Texas

Last edited:

relrobber

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
I think you answered your own question. The washer fluid pump is not working.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Or one of the hose is either disconnected or cracked. In such a case though, you would have a puddle under the truck after use...

If that is not the case, either the pump is fried, or the wiring to power it is shut. A multimeter on the connector and a helper pushing on the switch will tell you easy if it is wiring or pump.

OP
OP
usocazy

usocazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
I think you answered your own question. The washer fluid pump is not working.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yep, absolutely correct! Found the part at Autozone for $40 but then checked Amazon. Got the exact same part for $14 delivered in 2 days with Prime.

Simple enough repair (thanks YouTube) and got it all done in less than 15 minutes.

Thanks for all your help and advice.