Windshield wiper help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lordbronn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Hi. I'm a new member here and a new ram owner. So I just bought my 2005 dodge ram 1500 2 months ago and noticed the windshield wipers don't work correctly. I had the shop where I bought it at replace the wiper/turn signal switch. It seem to work 50% of the time now. Some times when I put it on low they will continue to run as if they where on a medium speed, or wipe two times then stop. The only other thing I can think of is the motor.. any help would greatly be appreciated.

signman615

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Quad Cab
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I too am having similar problems with my windshield wipers. They will work fine on regular or high speed, but the intermediate settings are just a hit and miss thing. I've also had my wipers make a single pass when I hit the unlock button on my key chain remote walking up to the truck. On 2 different occasions I've had the wipers make a single pass when all I did was open the driver's door. This was with no key in the ignition and once I got inside I checked and the wipers weren't even left in the "on" position. Really weird.

CorDog009

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine work fine on high and low. Intermittent is another story. They pretty much do what they want to on those settings.

OP
OP
L

lordbronn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Iv been reading up on it alil bit. and it seems like a lot of people are having or had the same problem.. Someone was saying it was the motor and there were recalls on the wiper motor. But I have been to busy to follow up on this. If I find anything out ill let you guys know.

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
I'm thinking motor had this happen on an older dodge truck and it turned out to be the wiper motor.