Wipers??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now with fall, comes the day's of crappy weather. Sound off on the type and size of your wipers. What do you prefer? Are you a fan of winter blades?

I've always used ancro 24 inch winter blades. My truck came with skimpy refills that skip on the windshield. I'm hoping feed back here can lead me down the path of clearer viewing this season....What are the majority of wipers used?
________________:birgits_tiredcoffee__

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have been using Bosch Icons on my last 2 vehicles. They are expensive but last at least 3-4 years of all season, year around abuse (without streaks). I think 24" is what I have on my ram.

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been getting some rain-x clones at costco for the last three years. No problems at all, even with snow and ice.

Shiloh 24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gas
I had these ones called Triple Edge for the longest time because they supposedly had a lifetime replacement guarantee but that never panned out, I used the Rain X latitude ones or whatever that aren't supposed to streak but now I have the Anco no streak ones.

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Ok I've got a good choice to go on. icons or rain -x. Dunno why the previous owner used **** refills. With this much truck ,he was dumb as dumb can be imo. Thanks for the heads up guys.

cheapbeater

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
i have a (yes one) rain-x latitude on my truck... i decided i would test it out before i bought another one... well, its been a year and i havent bought another one... it streaks like crazy.. it cleans the water on the way up, but brings it all back on the way down so it is impossible to get a good clean wipe... i have tried it on both sides, does the same thing...
the other one that is on there is a winter one (with the rubber bag around it) and it works great, i should probably put that one on the driver side... or be less of a cheap ******* and buy 2 new ones..
just my .02

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Cheap , you bring up a good point thou I doubt you realize it. The way wiper arms are designed is ****** up imo. They are backwards. The pivot point should be nearer the passenger side. The driver side wiper always has double duty. It clears off it's side and also the **** from the other wiper as well. Why do you think the driver side accumilates more ice and snow more than the passenger side? Stop in the rain and look at the operation and you'll see what I mean. i wouldn't blame the wipers yet. switch them around first. my 4 cts lol.

LoadedLaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i buy the cheapest ones walmart sells and just swap um out in the fall and spring.

my yearly cost for wipers is about $12.

our new jeep GC has fancy ones on it thought. i just priced them, they run 35 each!!!!! god i hope they last a few years.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
our new jeep GC has fancy ones on it thought. i just priced them, they run 35 each!!!!! god i hope they last a few years.

Isn't that covered under warranty??

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
wipers are considered a "wear item" like brakes and tires. Not covered unless they have a defect.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Well Dam. I tried to catch a technicality. Oh well Back to the drawing board.

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
^^ how do you feel about my wiper theory??

jimtete

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.3 liter V-10
No wipers - Drive Fast in the rain ------- lol

TOTM-15.jpg

Jim

LoadedLaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
^^ how do you feel about my wiper theory??

on that "theory", i noticed today that the rear window defrost on our jeep has a line under the rear wiper that has a wave to it. its for when its snowing and the wiper pushes all the snow down under it, it can melt it faster because the wire covers more surface area.

so i think engineers are aware of your though.