wiring questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
ok i got some led strip lights that are going under the bed rail. I need to know what wire i need to tap into so they come on when the cargo light it on. and what is the best way to run the wire.

Also i have some more led strips that are going under the cab to light up the steps. I want these to come on when the door opens so what wire will i need to tap in for that?

CaliDodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The only way I would know how to tap into your cargo light is popping the light off (super easy...two screws is all) and running it from there...just don't know how you would wire it for the step lights i would wire them into your dome lights as they come on when your doors are opened or truck is unlocked...those wires are behind the driver o shiit bar.

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
isnt there a light at the peddles you can wire into for the steps? then there are some access holes underneath the door linning. thatd be my guess on the steps

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
You could pop off the dash, and see what wires run from the "cargo light" switch, and tap into those. That's how I tapped my gauges into the headlights.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mega Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Why don't you just put them to a separate switch. It might be easier. I did it to mine. With mounting the lights, only took like 2 and a half hours. From beginning to end.

Attachments

• LED Bed 1.jpg
    LED Bed 1.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 51
  • LED Bed 2.jpg
    LED Bed 2.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 53

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member