You guys cruise the beach?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemipig

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So I might be going to florida the end of October and everyone wants to take my baby out to the beach and cruise the shore.

I keep telling them I hear that the salty sand will cause rust in places you will never be able to get to regardless of how well you wash the underbody but everyone seems to have their own cocktail of remedies to make sure my truck stays rust free.

However it's my truck and not theirs so they won't care as much as if it were their truck, so what are yalls experiences?

Should I stay far away from the beach and tell them to shut their pie holes?

Or will a few cruises in dry sand not be too bad if I pressure wash the bottom of my truck?

nclark112

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I live next to the beach and during the summer I take my truck out to the beach most weekends. With that being said I wash the crap out of it as soon as I leave at the diy car wash being sure to wash the under carriage well.

On dry sand you should be fine, just don't let any salt water onto the truck.

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I might be going to florida the end of October and everyone wants to take my baby out to the beach and cruise the shore.

I keep telling them I hear that the salty sand will cause rust in places you will never be able to get to regardless of how well you wash the underbody but everyone seems to have their own cocktail of remedies to make sure my truck stays rust free.

However it's my truck and not theirs so they won't care as much as if it were their truck, so what are yalls experiences?

Should I stay far away from the beach and tell them to shut their pie holes?

Or will a few cruises in dry sand not be too bad if I pressure wash the bottom of my truck?
I taken my truck out on the beaches since new. I use Fluid Film on the undercarriage 1-2 times a year to add additional protection to the underside.

I spray down the underside after I get home after the truck has cooled down a little bit. Sometimes I run a sprinkler under it if time is an issue.

You learn the spots where sand sometimes collects after multiple trips to the beach.

**make sure to air down and carry recovery gear just in case.