03 qc 4x4 drop help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GIXXERGUY6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 QC 4x4
Engine
I have been trying to look around for slammed1 for ages, but haven't found much other than his truck was stolen a while back.... Is he out of the game?

I want to drop my truck. I prefer the 4/6, but don't know what I'll need. I know the McGaughy's kit will work, but their site says 2WD...WTH!!!

So is anyone willing to lay out what I need? I know I'll need to notch the back(no big deal I have a butter knife and superglue)

Thanks guys!

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Unfortunately, you are asking for trouble if you drop the front anymore than 2-2.5" because your CV angles are going to be extreme. There have been guys that tried to do this on their 3rd gens, but it always resulted with busted axle shafts. Your best bet is the McGaughy's 2/4.5 spindle drop.

OP
OP
G

GIXXERGUY6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 QC 4x4
Engine
Unfortunately, you are asking for trouble if you drop the front anymore than 2-2.5" because your CV angles are going to be extreme. There have been guys that tried to do this on their 3rd gens, but it always resulted with busted axle shafts. Your best bet is the McGaughy's 2/4.5 spindle drop.

I've never heard of this issue. I have been waiting to drop mine since I got the damn thing back in 07 lol!

I thought the kit for the 4/6 is the springs, spindles then flip, shackle and notch.

I want it damn it :D

OP
OP
G

GIXXERGUY6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 QC 4x4
Engine

Hemi,

Are the ones with busted axles wromping on the gas? Brian never mentioned anything about this when I talked to him about the 4/6 drop for the 4x4 :(

I mean I can always get the 2/4.5 and just add the other stuff to it later if I want to go lower :D

PM coming your way.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Totally agree with what Matt said.

That being said. I did a 3/5-4/6 drop on my 05 4x4 quad cab and loved it. You can see how well the truck performed:

[yt]a1cDZhEpL-A[/yt]

[yt]2mOYeXW_Hco[/yt]

Here's what I did:

[yt]2tztrL9huVI[/yt]

1355-my-last-truck-man-i-miss.jpg

1354-another-shot-front-my-old-truck-venom-hood.jpg

It got a slight bit lower after this pic. But only about .2-.4 inches lower.

Last edited:

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Trup, what did you do to achieve that drop? And what did your CV angles look like?

Trupiano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
You can see my CV's a little in the video, granted it got dropped a little more after this. They weren't bad at all. I remember they were still close to even.

McGaughy's 2/4.5 drop (2x4 drop) Had to notch the spindle to accomodate the 4x4 lower control arms

(Front spindles and rear flip kit)

Removed the rear overload Leafspring

Rear Sway Bar

Front Plyeurothane Bushings

Caltracs

Rear helper airbags

I actually used the stock rear spring hanger so I could get more drop (the McGaughy's drop kit one is longer)

Turned down the torsion bars for an extra 1.5 inches of drop in the front. (I wanted to get drop keys, but never got around to it)

Used the airbags to inflate/deflate to level the truck

and... All parts were bought from MOES! :favorites37:

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
is there a discount for moes?

Trupiano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
The only thing that is different between the McGaughy's 2wd drop kit and a 4wd drop it, is you have to notch the spindle. If you don't the lower control arm will hit the spindle, and you wont be able to align it with the upper control arm.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
is there a discount for moes?

I wish I could offer a separate discount code, but I we have set our pricing pretty low as it is on just about everything we offer. If I dont feel that I can get you a great price on a part, then I wont even put it on the site. And the free shipping always helps.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Yep Brian has been out of the S1S on line vendor scene for 3 or 4 years now. Understandable too.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Brian was the man when it came to suspensions. He actually dropped my 03 for me with one of his homemade kits.

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
oh ****, free shipping! i didn't know about that!

that's always nice lol

OP
OP
G

GIXXERGUY6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 QC 4x4
Engine
Trupiano

Recap

U did the 2/4.5 kit, cranked your bars down, kept stock springs? Flipped rear, notched, removed helper(pain in the ass???) stock hangers?

Do you have a detailed pic of the notch I had to do for the spindle? How much Is removed? What did you use to notch it? Grinder??

Thanks for the feedback