2/4.5 Lowering - alignment help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shadow Dancer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Ref: Southwest Houston/Richmond, Texas area.

I installed the McGaughy's 2/4.5 kit with the drop spindles on my 2002 Ram 1500, but I am having trouble finding a shop to do an alignment and to weld the perches for the rear end. All the shops I have checked with so far will not touch a vehicle with modified suspension.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks,

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
With all the "low riders" in the Houston area, you would think a shop would do it. I would keep looking.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
I recommend a shop that does crash repairs, these guys work at making a vehicle drive properly rather than reading data off a chart and saying, well it should drive ok I did what the machine said to do. Need to find shops that are into street/race cars that cater to that type of crowd. Storytime: when I was trying to get some custom paint/body work done, several shops started out with "can I have your VIN?" I just walked away. Finally went to a Custom Hot Rod shop and asked who does your paint? Was sent to a shop in a back alley and started talking to a shirtless guy with a spiked mohawk. While we talked he ran his hands over my truck and barely paid attention to me. We stood there for a bit and finally said bring it in the following week. We worked from 2pm to around 6am for 4 days. I sat and watched and bought pizza's while the boys did their thing with my truck. All I can say is the music was loud and their cars were turbo'd and fast. I had a great time and Red never looked so good. Good luck...