2/4 drop AND notched frame?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NITROUSCHRIS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
so im planning on a doing the 2/4 drop (spindles and flip kit) but i still need tow my motorcycle trailer (6x12 enclosed) I get a little squat when im hooked up and of courese while driving i get movement as well. So would be out of the question to need to notch the frame with only a 4" rear drop? I see its usually done with the 6" but im thinking i should do it to be safe with clearence?? Thoughts?

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I was hauling my bike in the back I would bottom out when there was a dip in the road or going over a bridge. I knew notching was an option but didn't want to cut on my frame so I bought an air bag kit made specifically for a lowered Ram. With the bike loaded up it would squat. I could put 40psi in each bag and the ride height would be back to normal. Air Lift & mcgaughys make a kit. I bought the air lift slam air kit.

OP
OP
NITROUSCHRIS

NITROUSCHRIS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
thanks man! where did you find the kit?

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought it from amazon. I had a bunch of reward points piled up so it was a good deal. I think regular price was 260ish shipped I was able to get it for 150 by using my points. The kit number is 59113.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
check our vendors. maybe they can give ya a good deal

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought it from amazon. I had a bunch of reward points piled up so it was a good deal. I think regular price was 260ish shipped I was able to get it for 150 by using my points. The kit number is 59113.

I was thinking about those, how do you like them? How do they ride without a load in the bed or trailer?

moparman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
I used the air lift slam air kit as well when i have had problems with the squat and a load in the bed. its a great kit and goes on easy, i bought the load controller compressor kit too which eliminates the need of having to find a gas station every time you needed to air them up. the bags held up an extra 1500 pounds worth of steel in the bed and the truck rode great with 75psi of air each side.

OP
OP
NITROUSCHRIS

NITROUSCHRIS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ill look into vendors on here!

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was thinking about those, how do you like them? How do they ride without a load in the bed or trailer?

I think they are awesome. I keep around 15psi in them unloaded and I can't tell they are there.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Buu buuu buuuut frame notches are FUN!

I've installed a few. Never looked back nor felt bad about doing em!

OP
OP
NITROUSCHRIS

NITROUSCHRIS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I did it on my old Chevy and I think I may still do it on the Dodge as well since I'm in there. I do still like the air bag idea to maintain level while loaded. Also anyone correcting pinion angle? Or is it built into the flip blocks? Ive never had a set in my hands to see.

moparman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
I did it on my old Chevy and I think I may still do it on the Dodge as well since I'm in there. I do still like the air bag idea to maintain level while loaded. Also anyone correcting pinion angle? Or is it built into the flip blocks? Ive never had a set in my hands to see.

I notched my frame after i decided to go from a 4 inch drop to 6 inches. with the flip kit and shackles your pinion angle will stay the same. ive had the bags on for over a year now and they made a huge difference when i came to having to use my truck like a truck. A frame notch and air bags at the same time is a different story...... a lot of cutting and welding to make it all fit.

OP
OP
NITROUSCHRIS

NITROUSCHRIS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I work at a Fab shop so I'm kinda excited to get all this banged out!

OP
OP
NITROUSCHRIS

NITROUSCHRIS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Good looking out bud! Ill peek around!

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yeah, I recommend that as well, I had mine welded up all the way, I have heard some horror stories about people who didn't weld em up lol

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah, I recommend that as well, I had mine welded up all the way, I have heard some horror stories about people who didn't weld em up lol

I've lived the horror story! sheered my u joint, bent my drive shaft and all while hot ******* in a parking lot on a date, 200+ miles from home! :bowroflwerd6:

OP
OP
NITROUSCHRIS

NITROUSCHRIS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
LOL! That's kinda funny story! But no bueno on broken parts! (Sad face)

moparman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
I've lived the horror story! sheered my u joint, bent my drive shaft and all while hot ******* in a parking lot on a date, 200+ miles from home! :bowroflwerd6:

Ive lived it too but ten times worse. I was fooling around with an s10 at a red ight and took off hard in 1st and hit 2nd even harder. The rear end twisted up, broke the driveshaft in half, put a hole in my muffler and a rather large dent in the gas tank shield that im suprised didnt blow a hole in the tank, it also bent the flip brackets and ripped the welds out of the factory spring perch on the axle and the only thing the kept the rear end from spining completely around was the broken half of the driveshaft that got rammed into the bottom of the bed. i made the mistake of not welding the brackets and learned the hard way.