2" drop shackles w/o helper springs boucy ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justadodgeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Just wondering if i just need new shocks and if so what brand would yall prefer? any sujestions would help.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Do the flip kit you want and then buy the shocks you need for the new drop. no sense buying two sets. ;)

OP
OP
J

justadodgeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
ive already got it looking the way i like with 2" drop shackles and no overload spring but it is just a really boucy ride, i hit the bumpstops all the time over the smallest of bumps

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
I used Monroe shocks two inches shorter. I went through a process of measuring the shocks and travel then selected the shocks from the Monroe shock chart. But a much simpler way would be to talk to your parts store guy and have him compare shocks and identify a couple to choose from. I did mine some years back and nolonger have the information available. You might consider removing the oem bumps and use some aftermarket replacements. Good luck.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
+1 on taking off the OEM bump stops... I don't have any on and I never hit at all unless its a crazy huge bump or with something heavy in the bed. When I had them on, I was hitting them like crazy too

OP
OP
J

justadodgeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I was gonna get some reflexes cause i heard they were stiffer than most but i guess ill go up to advanced and see what they say thanks though for yalls suggestions but im still worried about hitting the frame if i get rid of the bumpstops

OP
OP
J

justadodgeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
photo.php
by the way i think my leafs spring are arched the opposite way alittle cause i ran for two weeks with just a helper and main spring so its lower than most that just put shackles and remove helpers. heres a pic.. hell the pic might work its off my facebook so who knows

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
I was gonna get some reflexes cause i heard they were stiffer than most but i guess ill go up to advanced and see what they say thanks though for yalls suggestions but im still worried about hitting the frame if i get rid of the bumpstops

Use shorter after market bumps or Tembren rubber springs.

OP
OP
J

justadodgeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
thanks man ill get new shocks and try to cut the bumpstops shorter and if that doesnt work then ill get the tembren ones

moparman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
I run front 99-03(?) ford f350 super duty front shocks in the rear of mine. they're 2 inches shorter than the oem length. I went with the Monroe reflexes, rides a lot better than the stock stuff.