2 inch shackles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackBee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is a good site to just drop the back end 2 inches, because it is 4WD and I just want it to set even. And any good tutorials you could link me to?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
We keep the McGaughys and Belltech shackles in stock for only $75 shipped. I will try to find a tutorial for you, but it is a very simple install...1 hour tops.

Lowering Kits and Drop Shackles

OP
OP
BlackBee

BlackBee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are they good quality things? Like is tht the way to go to lower level it. And does the ride change at all?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Both are great quality, but I prefer the McGaughy's myself. They will drop the rear about 2" which wont make it sit perfectly level, but it is a very noticable change. And they will not affect your ride.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You could put the shackles on and remove your overload spring.

That would make your ride better AND give you the desired drop.
Just can't tow for a shoot afterwards.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Like said above, your only option for it to sit perfectly level is by removing your overload leaf as well. This is going to soften up the ride, but limit your weight capacity in the bed. If you dont haul much in the bed, then this is the route to go. If you do haul heavy stuff in the bed, then I would keep the overloads.

OP
OP
BlackBee

BlackBee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's okay I do zero towing. Just if anyone knows a good tutorial send it my way:) thanks guys

night hawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
i have the drop shackles from mcgaughys and they make a pretty good appearance difference. im gonna remove my overload spring eventually lol

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
To install shackles...

1. Lift rear of the truck by placing the jack under the rear differential (2 jacks would be better...1 on each side of the rear axle).

2. Place 2 jackstands on the frame rails as close as possible to the front of the leaf springs.

3. Remove rear wheels/tires.

4. Unbolt rear shackles...top bolt first.

5. Lower rear axle with the jack and remove factory shackles.

6. Install new shackles to the leaf springs, and then use the jack to lift the springs up until you are able to line up the top bolt of the shackle...this is where having 2 jacks on the axle comes in handy. It is much easier to align these 1 side at a time. You only want to lightly tq down the shackle bolts at this time.

7. Put wheels/tires back on the truck, remove jack stands, and then lower the truck back onto the ground.

8. Now go back and tq down all the shackle bolts. You are done!!

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I didn't remove the wheels when I did this on my 08.

We put a drop hitch in, jacked from that. Lifted the ass right up. Then, we removed the bolt for the back spring, lifted it some more. Got the clearance we needed. Replaced shackle, cranked it down.

Just remember to grease the **** out of the bolt. Mine squeaked like mad, drove me BONKERS.

generaljenkins

Reaction score
Ram Year
08/13
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I just ordered my shackles from ya Moe. I think I'm gonna take out the overload sprIngs as well. I put some stuff in the back, but nothing too heavy. So if I'm not hauling pallets of brick and what not I should be fine without the overload springs right? Any one know what the payload is without the sprIngs?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Got it. I will get these out for you tomorrow.

As for the overloads, you will be fine without them. The ride should get considerably better as well with them gone.