4/6 drop on 02cc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dougil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4/6 drop on 02CC 2wd

Hey guys!

I'm trying to get info on dropping a friends ram. I personally have a 5/7 dropped Silverado that I did myself and it came out amazing because of help I got on the GM forum and I hope I can do the same here in the Ram forum. My buddy wants to do a 4/6 drop on his 2002cc. Are there ways to go that will give him a fantastic ride? Why I ask is because there was different pieces from different manufactures that gave me the best ride possible.
Example...
I'm running Beltech front springs and shocks, McGaughys spindles, shock extentions, shackles, flip and notch kit. I put this together because of advice I got and it was priceless.

So I hope you guys can tell me what is the best way to do the 4/6 drop on his ram. Anything I need to watch out for? Any advice is welcome.

PS. I'm a truck guy, not a Chevy or Ford or Ram is better guy.
My truck
4E0C3082-9068-493E-9CAF-86B1CD09201A.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those rims are wild man. Love em! What brand are they? Is his 02 the older body style or newer? Also, 4wd/2wd? Just trying to think of the experts will ask to help get your answer sooner.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dougil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Those rims are wild man. Love em! What brand are they? Is his 02 the older body style or newer? Also, 4wd/2wd? Just trying to think of the experts will ask to help get your answer sooner.

Thanks! The wheels are actually a GM 22" option on Denali's and Escalade's and not very common.

His truck is 2wd and it's the new body style.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
If it's the "newer" body style then it'll be fairly easy. For a 4/6 I would do the McGaughy's Deluxe 4/6 kit since it comes with a bolt-in notch but I would not use the shock extenders and pick up a full set of Belltech Nitro Drop 2 shocks and their Alignment kit.

You can alternatively pick up the McG's drop spindles and then pick up the DJM 2/4 kit with their lower control arms and use the factory spring with their front sway bar end links which use urethane bushings for some increased road feel. Their rear shackles are good for 2-6" rear drop but I prefer the rear 6" drop from McG's over the DJM rear shackle because it comes with the notch for more suspension travel.

OP
OP
D

Dougil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do the Belltech front springs ride better than the McG's? (they do on chevys, wondering if so on Ram's)

redsled

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I put the Mc Gaughy's delux kit on my quad cab and the ride is awesome. I just received my new Belltech street performance shocks and can't wait to get them under it.