4x4, how low can you go?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L Magnum
Fixed it for ya. Wife's from Leth/Taber and I spent a few years working in Pincher so yeah, I know how it is.

Still, a LOWERED 4x4. Always has and always will drive me ape. I do not like to have to wait till the snow is lower than my bumper to go somewhere.
I hunt, I run dirt and gravel roads, I play in the snow, I fish, I go places that are not plowed and paved.
That's what cars are for.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
My lifted F350 stays up at work, the ram's the street truck. My lowered truck has never given me any problems on paved or gravel roads in the winter. I've had it on many lease roads when I have additional work down south and I don't care to drive the Ford 7 hours home for a 2 day pick up job. Will it go off-roading? Not really, but I don't do that for fun unless I'm on a quad or snowmobile.

You have what you use your truck for the same as I have what I use it for. Even lowered mine meets all my utility needs plus it's hilarious listening to people be amazed at my truck dropping a full bed of material at the dump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L Magnum
Guy at work has a Chevy Apache lowered on air bags. 454 1 ton Dually. Roof is chopped, remote doors. Ok, it's lowered and is sweet. Btw, your truck looks fun.

OP
OP
Mathius

Mathius

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Fixed it for ya. Wife's from Leth/Taber and I spent a few years working in Pincher so yeah, I know how it is.

I lived down in Deathbridge for years, sister lives in Cranford, the wind down there keeps the roads clear most of the year.. lol
I believe Pincher Creek is the windiest city in the world?

But as far as lowering my 4x4, it's just a hiway queen anyway. Haul some junk from time to time, and tow a trailer..
I don't want a lifted truck as a daily, I'll build something else to play with. I only payed $1000 for this truck with 180k on the clock, rear end spun the keeper nut for the pinion off.
Put it back together cheap to. So now I'm gonna play with it.

CorDog009

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It rarely snows any here, I don't go mudding or anything..so lowering mine was a no-brainer. I've done both the lowered and lifted routes before, and lifted doesn't suit any of my needs, besides..my gas mileage isn't the greatest anyway..it'd only get worse with a lift and bigger, heavier tires.