Best drop for the 2 dr

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jotin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Really looking to lower my truck. What's the best height seen. I want to stick with a good height. Not slammed. I'll be getting the srt10 wheels.
Post up your suggestions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are we going for a looks base lowering or more performance? What wheel size, 20x9 or 22x9?

I have a modified Belltech 2/4 that is really somewhere between a 3/4 and 4/6 ish... I don't really know. But if I were to do it over again, I would do a combo of both McGaughys spindle drop and spring drop with either a Crown 1" spring or cut stock spring up front . And a a cut spring of choice, both McGaughy and BT are about the same in the back...

After that depending on how low you go, a set of spohn arms and panhard to correct the rear axle alignment should also be in the works.

But for closest to stock component angles up front I would go with the McGaughys 2/4 spindle drop and go from there lower

20150911_131345.jpg

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey R/T_Fire he's in a 3rd gen truck. So he won't be able to run the same type of drop as we would. But I still think that a Mcghaughys kit would be his best bet. Like ST-8 mentioned up above.

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

OP
OP
jotin

jotin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Awesome. Thanks guys! I've seen the mcghaughys kit and was decided on that one for sure. Just wanted to see if anyone suggested anything else. @R/T_Fire truck looks sick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey R/T_Fire he's in a 3rd gen truck. So he won't be able to run the same type of drop as we would. But I still think that a Mcghaughys kit would be his best bet. Like ST-8 mentioned up above.

Well I guess it helps to look at the parent section that the thread is coming from when commenting.. I thought I was in the 4th gen section oops

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I guess it helps to look at the parent section that the thread is coming from when commenting.. I thought I was in the 4th gen section oops

I do the same thing all the time. And posting from Tapatalk don't help me out any most of the time.

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think it really depends on how much work you want to put into it.

Your main issue is going to be how much tire do you want to run on those SRT wheels. I've got a set of R/T 22's, which are almost the same specs, 1mm different on offset and at a 5/8 drop, I have run a 265/35/22, which I'm not really happy about (not enough rubber) and roll the fender lips to keep them from rubbing.

Nohemiyet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Dodge Ram WSG
Engine
3.7L
Im in the same boat, eg: lowered

And it looks like a McGaughy's 2/4.5 might work good.

I would like to:
1. Lower a little
2. Use my 20x9 PVC/clad wheels
3. Performance NOT = 3.7L motor LOL
4. Need a very comfortable drive....
5. In a non-performance truck, no trailers, little in the bed, do I need a
rear swaybar?
Thanks

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No need for the sway bar. Unless your getting into spirited driving on some curvy roads.