Big guy problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stitches

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi everyone im new to the forum and i have some questions. i have a 05 ram (just recovered from theft sad days) once i get it back from the shop (joy riders blew the engine) i want to start on bagging it. my only worry with this is head room with a body drop. im 6'5 and was wondering if anyone has had an issue with head room after doing this. If this will be a problem for me i guess i just wont do it but will it look ok not body dropping it? im new to this my truck is lowered at the moment but its static and i want to step it up. also on a completely unrelated note and more out of curiosity does anyone know if the compressor would be strong enough to fill a scuba tank? just thought it would be cool to be able to do while im diving ( average cylinder is 80 cubic feet of air at 3000PSI) any input would be welcome.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Welcome. Bagging it wouldnt change the cabin head room you will just have to duck to get in right? For the scuba tank dont those need to be filled with clean ox tanks? Most compressors will introduce some moisture and oil residue.

Last edited:

Rogan68

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins G56 DRW 4WD
Hi everyone im new to the forum and i have some questions. i have a 05 ram (just recovered from theft sad days) once i get it back from the shop (joy riders blew the engine) i want to start on bagging it. my only worry with this is head room with a body drop. im 6'5 and was wondering if anyone has had an issue with head room after doing this. If this will be a problem for me i guess i just wont do it but will it look ok not body dropping it? im new to this my truck is lowered at the moment but its static and i want to step it up. also on a completely unrelated note and more out of curiosity does anyone know if the compressor would be strong enough to fill a scuba tank? just thought it would be cool to be able to do while im diving ( average cylinder is 80 cubic feet of air at 3000PSI) any input would be welcome.

Welcome to the site...

Body-dropping.. Easiest thing is going to be compare the current head-clearance to how far you're moving the floor, and seat bracket room, then see where you're at from there. My buddy hs probably 6'2-3, and drives a body-dropped/bagged Nissan Frontier, and I can tell you, he's cramped, big-time. to the point where he just made it a trailer-queen. Granted, the Frontier has less headroom than the Ram, but still..

I body-dropped/bagged a Sidekick, back in the day, and it was a ton of fun.. But useless, outside of being a toy.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Welcome to RF! I think just bagging it would look sweet as it is, I wouldn't go all out with body dropping it unless it was for full show only... Just my opinion though. :)

OP
OP
Stitches

Stitches

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the input guys went to the shop to measure headroom thinkin its a no-go if what ive read is true and its a 3-4inch difference lol as for the air cylinder there just filled with the air your breathing now with a bit of filtering but yes moisture would be a problem

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock