Chassis Tech air struts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone seen these before?
Chassis Tech Air Struts

Says they're for 2wd, but can someone explain why they wouldn't work for a 4wd? Also, I can't find any measurements on how long they are as to see how much they'd lower a truck if installed.

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Chassis Tech is airbagit.com's in house brand. They used to go by the name AIM and one thing hasn't changed: If you have any other choice, buy stuff from somewhere else.

Their quality is very suspect. Do a search about their products, they're not very well received by the air ride crowd. To quote someone else: "All of their **** is junk. Run away from it as fast as you can."

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I've emailed back and forth with airbagit.com and remained unimpressed with them.

They don't have any installation instructions and claim I should be able to find where someone else has done it and done a writeup.

Uhhhhhh, no thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
usaf2006

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol. My only reason for inquiring is because I haven't seen these anywhere else. Would save the hassle of a custom job.

OP
OP
usaf2006

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone else?

I saw some things like these on eBay that are "DIY". You cut the main shaft to the length you want, then weld it all together and put the bag on there. But they were way more expensive. I thought about having some custom made, which buying the parts shouldn't be too expensive, but I wasn't sure what all I needed.

The fork to mount to the LCA, the bag, the main shaft, and somehow the top rod part to connect to the upper strut mount location.... that's the part that has me puzzled

Last edited: