Cheapest option to lower

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm looking at lowering the truck a little for both better easier access and also a little for looks as it is sitting way too high for the tires it has...

What would be the cheapest option for achieving this.

I am thinking for the rear to find some shorter shackles for the blades could be the cheap option but for the front, I have a 4x4 with torsion bars/key and I have never played around with these so I am not quite sure what to do there and hope I would not have to change the knuckles just for a few inches (1 or 2) of drop I'd like to get.

Looking forward to reading your thoughts on the subject.

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have shackles 4 Sale on the classifieds

redsled

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Like I always tell everyone, don't go cheap go correct. Just buy a kit, someone else has already worked out all the problems for you that way. Also you don't have to worry about forgetting anything the day of the install.

CorDog009

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For me it was better to do the drop spindles/knuckles. That way I could do ball joints and hub bearings at the same time, and not throw the suspension geometry out of whack.