Flipping the tie rod from top to bottom.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ercmesser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Done a lot of research on the net, with no answers. I know people have done the opposite flipping the tie rod to the top on Jeeps. Has it been done on a ram? Putting the tie rod on the bottom. I have a 4/6 drop with spindles and springs up front, causing my steering link is at a high angle, cause bump steer and when I'm in a lock turn tires are jumping. Any help well be great.

NITROUSCHRIS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Only time ive seen it done is on GM trucks. You reem the spindle and install an insert tapered the opposite way. have not seen it avaiable for the dodge and im not sure the taper is the same between the 2, that you could use a GM kit. The kit i had for my Chevy was from DJM.

OP
OP
E

ercmesser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's what i want to know if the taper and size of the reamer and insert. If the jeeps would work? Its been done on jeeps, mustangs and vw for bump steer. Seen one time on a ram but no details.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
I asked my buddy this question saturday night at our minitruck meet and he said it would really mess up the bump steer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye