Front Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have the Belltech Nitro Drop 2's all around, front and rear. The thing is, whenever I find a dip in the road, I have to slow all the way down to like 15mph or else my tires hit my front fenders... It especially sucks goin down the highway at 70mph and all the sudden BOOM it hits hard. Are there any other shocks I can get for just the front that will be stiffer so it doesn't allow the weight of the motor to slam downwards on bumps?

pavester

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
thats the joys of having a lowered truck. gotta get smaller tires if you want it to not hit....might also just remove the bumpstops completely...mine have fallen off from being hit...just one of those things you learn to live with

Sent from a bauce ass phone

dth418

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ya bump stops would be the easiest and cheapest cure. You could get stiffer front shocks or smaller tires but thats going to decrease the ride even more than lowering a truck already does.

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hmm... I just bought these tires so thats gotta stay... I bought smaller bump stops... but you think takin em off will solve it??

pavester

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
wont hurt to try..if your hitting the fender wheel well liners then the only thing that will fix that is smaller tires,raising the truck, or removing the wheel well liners...i woukd say remove tge bumpstops but it sounds like your hitting the liner before bumpstops..

the last time i hit my wheel liners was when i spun out and ended up on a sidewalk about 2 feet from a brick wall

Sent from a bauce ass phone

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Alright lol well i guess I'm just gonna have to live with it.... Plans are to bag the truck in the future anyways lol thanks for the help at least

dth418

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i would look to see if maybe some custom fab shop has aftermarket wheel liners set up for something like yours to avoid rubbing

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Well it's my actual fender that I'm hittin too and it's bendin the fender lip...

dth418

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hmm.. If there is a fab shop around your area I would have them take a look at it, they might be able to offer some help. I would think a place that does lowering for vehicles would have equipment or ideas for what your having problems with. I bet there are kits for fenderwells out there somewhere and as far as fender rubbing.. well thats another story, how bad is it rubbing? Like how much of the fender is actually being contacted byut the tire?

pavester

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
ahh so your hiting the actual fender. youe gona have to either cut the fender out or have the fenders rolled to avoid hitting....if you dont you will have the tires chewed up and destroyed by the repeated hitting

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yeah it hits the fender and the inner fender well. The drivers side is the worst. Nfamus is just down the road, was gonna go thru them to get it bagged but that is a long time from now lol i guess im just gonna have to live with it til then

You can see the rub marks in the dark black

566ff34f.jpg

1e4c1b7d.jpg

BKNBK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would say rolling the fenders would be your best bet. If you plan to bag it, you'll have to do some modifying anyhow. Mine hasn't rubbed yet, but then again I've been taking it easy since the drop.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Shoot Redtruck VA a PM and see what he did. I believe his drop kit was the same and he can do just about anything.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963