GF drop coils?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nzornes44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So I put ground force 2/4 drop on my 2006 4x4 this weekend and the back dropped nicely but the front coils only gave me about 3/4-1" drop? Not sure how much these things settle but right now they I'm definitely not happy with the front of my truck being higher than the back.

moodygunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey man I did the same thing with my 4x4 and got the same 3/4 inch drop. After about 1 month they have settled to about 1" but definitely not 2". You might want to look into 2" drop spindles as well. I am on the edge of doing this myself but im worried about ride quality that low.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Mine settle pretty good, just about dead even with the back. I did notice it took about 3-4 days though to finally set in, even though I have a 4th gen and yours is a 3rd... Not sure why yourse aren't.

OP
OP
nzornes44

nzornes44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I was going to spindles but afraid of maxing the cv joints, i talked to another guy Shikityshack and he suggested coils over spIndles for that reason. Unless I rad it wrong. I'm gonna give it a bit and see if it settles if not maybe I'll raise the back a bit which I def dnt want to do. I hate having the front higher than the back.

OP
OP
nzornes44

nzornes44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Trup I know your 3rd gen had spindles up front did you also have coils? What kind of drop did that give you? How was the ride? And did it affect your cv joints? Thanks bro. Love the stance of your 4th looks sick.

OP
OP
nzornes44

nzornes44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Wow, ok so I think I figured it out. On top of the coils and strut assembly is there a rubber piece about 2" thick that mounts on top? I'm thinking that the person before me had a leveling kit on it and that leveling kit is still on? OMG!! That's such a newb mistake. Anyone changed coils or put on a levelIng kit what's the top of the strut metal or rubber?

Ccsred

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Belltech makes 1" drop coil spring spacers so that may be an option for you. I'm not sure which years they fit though and with yours being 4x4 idk if they would work but something to check into.