Leaf spring help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sivart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys I'm new here, so thanks for having me and let's see if anyone can help me out with a leaf spring question on a 2004 ram. I know the stock springs do not vary from quad cab to regular cab with the exception of the megacab. But why does belltech, and my local parts store say that the lowering leaf springs will only work for their specified cab? If stick is the same why couldn't I use lowering springs off of a 4 door for my 2 door Is my question. Has anyone tried this?

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hmm, I wouldn't think they'd be different on a single cab 1500 2wd vs a quad cab 1500 2wd. Try looking up the oem part numbers on both leaf springs and see if they're the same?

OP
OP
Sivart

Sivart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The stick springs are the same according to an aftermarket oem spec manufacturer. But apparently when you do lowering springs they are different. I just don't see how they could be that much different.

CorDog009

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
BellTech has 2 different part numbers for reg. cab and quad cab. I assume it's because they have different spring rates since the quad cab weighs more.

OP
OP
Sivart

Sivart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep I just got off the phone with hotchkis. The 4 door one will still bolt up fine it just may not lower it as much as advertised.

stevewithrow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
Hi guys , came across this thread and wanted to add . When I decided to drop my 04 , the place that did it put the wrong kit . I have an 04 2 door ram , the kit they put on it for for a quad cab . The back end was so ridged that I couldnt evn drive it in the freeway . It bounced all over the place . Once the right kit was put on , just a flip kit with the original leafs , it was MUCH better . The wrong kit was from Beltech , the right kiy was McG,s .