Lower a 2500, please help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

motoxracr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hello there. I am new to this forum, but did a search for this and did not find anything. I have a 2003 Ram 2500 Quad Cab with Hemi 5.7L, 2 wheel drive. I really like the truck, but it sits sooooo high in the back. I have found a ton of info for dropping 1500's, but nothing for 2500's.

Does anybody have any help or advice. I just want it to sit level with the front. Not looking for a huge drop or lower job, just wanna lower the rear end 2 to 3 inches to match the front. Wheel well measures 4" in the front and 7 in the rear.

Please help or give me advice. I am thinking about drop shackles for the rear and pulling out a leaf or the 2 small plates under the leaf springs. Anyone done this? Any idea where to buy the shackles as I can't find them from DJM or any of the regular drop sources.

Thanks.
Matt

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Welcome to RF.

I dont think lowering a 2500 should be much different than a 1500. I would suggest drop shackles. If you plan on hauling anything, I wouldn't go all out with a flip kit like what I have. If you are just wanting to level it out, drop shackles are the way to go.

OP
OP
M

motoxracr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I know. I want to keep the option still to haul or use a gooseneck trailer. Who makes the lowering shackles?

Thanks.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
You can check with 3rd strike also and he can work you up a kit. Welcome to the forum bud.